Series Talk: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Regardless of Game 7, the NHL should have released a full 2nd Round schedule by now. They are always so 2nd rate, it's really embarrassing.

To a degree this is true, but the NHL has a strategy. They normally get more game 7s so that went against them, but they did get one with two marquee franchises that they wanted to give a platform to. Turned out to be an entertaining game so it worked out for their interests. They wisely don't want that platform shared by game 1s because keep in mind the NHL has a very rigid playoff window. The networks are paying for a certain layout of games considering the importance of ratings in May and the unimportance of network ratings in April and June they have set up their schedule in a way to maximize ratings for the networks.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Not sure you have watched SJ play in the last few years very often...

Anaheim and LA have not transitioned to the new NHL.

San Jose is a very fast, quick decision making team with the puck. They have a relentless forecheck.

San Jose does not manhandle anyone. They control the puck and hit as little as possible.

Honestly I am a hockey nut and watch enormous amounts of games. So yes I have watched SJ play. This year. Not just against the Knights.

They're not in the same class as the Knights in the speed/mobility department. And it showed in game one.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
San Jose can't keep up. The real test will be against Nashville or Winnipeg

Don't count your chickens before their hatched.

This is not a one game series. It's a seven game series.

FWIW, Thornton was skating on the top line at practice today for Sharks. He could be a major game changer. Also hearing that Martin will be out as Burns' partner in favor of Ryan.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Just a heads up for you guys.

As home team for tonight's game you guys provide the OP for the GDT on the playoffs board. I'm going to need that so I can copy it over over there.

Thanks and good luck tonight.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, I feel like Carpenter has something to prove in this series so will be extra motivated and I'd rather see them drop Nosek.

Reactions: Supermassive

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Honestly, I feel like Carpenter has something to prove in this series so will be extra motivated and I'd rather see them drop Nosek.

I feel like Carpenter has been better at puck possession than Nosek, but I haven't looked at the numbers. I also thought Carpenter played better when he was on Pebble's line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->