Series Talk: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Since they haven't announced it yet seems to me that they won't announce the start of the series with less than 48 hours to spare. So would seem either Thursday or Friday it is. Then again this is the NHL so who knows, but for the NHL to have two marquee franchises playing a game 7 that feels like a night to showcase one game.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah...Friday is super unlikely.

Thursday works well because we then have alternating WCSFs (Th/Sa/Mo/We) with ECSFs (F/Su/Tu/Th).

I don't know about that, I think they are keeping this series as a benefit for the late games. On days with NSH-WIN they start the eastern series at 7pm Eastern and then have 9:30pm Eastern starts for them. Then on days with VGK-SJS they do a 7:30pm or 8pm Eastern start and then a 10:30 Eastern start for the late game. So really don't think they would like to have both West or East going the same nights because we all know the sports leagues treat other times zones than the East like they are a nuisance.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know about that, I think they are keeping this series as a benefit for the late games. On days with NSH-WIN they start the eastern series at 7pm Eastern and then have 9:30pm Eastern starts for them. Then on days with VGK-SJS they do a 7:30pm or 8pm Eastern start and then a 10:30 Eastern start for the late game. So really don't think they would like to have both West or East going the same nights because we all know the sports leagues treat other times zones than the East like they are a nuisance.
Most sources indicate Thursday start.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
giphy.gif

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Leafs tie it up and Caps advance, but OV has never been past the 2nd round. Is he a top 10 winger all time?

Easily.

Argument can be made that Ovechkin is the best goal scorer of all time.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Yeah...Friday is super unlikely.

Thursday works well because we then have alternating WCSFs (Th/Sa/Mo/We) with ECSFs (F/Su/Tu/Th).

TV always dictates that we'll have one Western game and one Eastern game each night throughout the week - makes it easier for double-headers. Plus, the Washington arena is booked Friday, and you KNOW the Leafs will be on Saturday night if they advance.

Because of arena availability and the NHL not wanting to have teams play on back-to-back nights, I’m fairly certain the final three games of the Predators-Jets series will be as follows:

Game 5 in Nashville on Sat, May 5 (arena is booked May 4 and 6)
Game 6 in Winnipeg on Monday, May 7 (arena is booked May 8 and 9)
Game 7 in Nashville on Thursday, May 10 (arena is booked on May 9)

Based on this, I’m guessing Knights-Sharks will wrap up like so:

Game 5 in Vegas on Friday, May 4
Game 6 in San Jose on Sunday, May 6 (arena is booked on May 7 and 8)
Game 7 in Vegas on Wednesday, May 9

I imagine Vegas-SJ will begin Thursday, and Nash-WPG will start on Friday to fit this timeline, which would allow each team to play every other day for the first six games.

Last edited:
Reactions: artificialintuition

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
TV always dictates that we'll have one Western game and one Eastern game each night throughout the week - makes it easier for double-headers. Plus, the Washington arena is booked Friday, and you KNOW the Leafs will be on Saturday night if they advance.

Because of arena availability and the NHL not wanting to have teams play on back-to-back nights, I’m fairly certain the final three games of the Predators-Jets series will be as follows:

Game 5 in Nashville on Sat, May 5 (arena is booked May 4 and 6)
Game 6 in Winnipeg on Monday, May 7 (arena is booked May 8 and 9)
Game 7 in Nashville on Thursday, May 10 (arena is booked on May 9)

Based on this, I’m guessing Knights-Sharks will wrap up like so:

Game 5 in Vegas on Friday, May 4
Game 6 in San Jose on Sunday, May 6 (arena is booked on May 7 and 8)
Game 7 in Vegas on Wednesday, May 9

I imagine Vegas-SJ will begin Thursday, and Nash-WPG will start on Friday to fit this timeline, which would allow each team to play every other day for the first six games.
Nice work. Sounds like we arrived at the same conclusion (Knights play Thursday) different ways.

Really like what you've done.

Reactions: Sir Goose

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Thanks! I feel bad for Winnipeg, as they're going to most likely have 8:30pm local time puck drops for all three of their home games.

Same for Nashville, Central and Mountain time teams usually get these later starts.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Same for Nashville, Central and Mountain time teams usually get these later starts.

Nashville might luck out: I can see them being the only game on Friday night (Game 1), so they'll probably have a normal start time. Then they'll play on Sunday, so it'll either be in the afternoon or another regular time start that evening. Game 5 will likely be on Saturday night, unless the Leafs get that slot, and then the Preds will play a matinee. But Game 7 could be one of those ugly 8:30pm local time starts.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Boys and girls I've drafted a GDT for Game 1. Taking the screencaps of the story and drafting captions for the theme took a fair bit of work so I'm putting in the claim on the GDT now.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->