Series Talk: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Midweek start.

NHLN had "recap" of VGK-Kings series this morning. Tuesday morning will be the Sharks-Ducks recap.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Out of curiosity, what's the atmosphere like in Vegas right now surrounding the Knights? I went to Vegas 2 years ago for my brothers bachelor party ( best weekend of my life ) and I just couldn't imagine a hockey team there but it seems to have really taken off.

Is the support for the team really noticeable? or does it seem like a fringe kind of thing?

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Wednesday start (possibly even Tuesday) seems a bit more likely now that Nashville and Pittsburgh finishes off their respective series tonight.

For personal reasons I am hoping for Thurs-Sat Games 1 and 2, but I suspect we are more likely to see Wed-Fri.

Tuesday is possible but seems a little too soon given we won’t hear anything until at least Monday.

Hm.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Two more EC game 6s on Monday. NHL Scores | Hockey Scoreboard

Game 7s, if needed, scheduled for Wednesday in each series. Otherwise, I'd expect one EC and one WC series to start on Wednesday.

Nashville has arena conflict Wed, so their series will probably start Thursday. Which probably means VGK-Sharks on Wednesday.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
@Jopsey is that the "slow" Sharks before Fehr and Kane were acquired?

Sharks' team speed improved, but they are not in the Knights' class when it comes to putting speed on the ice. There's a clear difference between the two teams in that regard. Line to line the Knights are a team built on mobility.

They will try to manhandle us the same way the Kings tried to. In the end, I don't think they can hang 4 deep with us, so as long as the Knights play their game I like our chances.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Think it is Wednesday or Thursday. Basically if one of those series tomorrow go 7, it is definitely Thursday.
A couple years back I believe there were some Western games that were played the same day as Eastern games were finishing up.

In other words, a game between BOS/TOR and/or WSH/CBJ on Wednesday does not mean the VGH/SJS series cannot also start on Thursday.

I think it is unlikely (esp if there are TWO Eastern games), though not impossible.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
DeBoer wanted to make sure the press reports that the Sharks are huge, huge underdogs in this matchup.

Gamesmanship 101.

Yep lol and that stuff never matters. Once the puck starts it's just another game, and the question is whether they can hang with four lines rollin at them with the same intensity. Not gonna get overconfident here, as you never know in the playoffs. But again I like our chances to advance very much.

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
Sharks' team speed improved, but they are not in the Knights' class when it comes to putting speed on the ice. There's a clear difference between the two teams in that regard. Line to line the Knights are a team built on mobility.

They will try to manhandle us the same way the Kings tried to. In the end, I don't think they can hang 4 deep with us, so as long as the Knights play their game I like our chances.

Not sure you have watched SJ play in the last few years very often...

Anaheim and LA have not transitioned to the new NHL.

San Jose is a very fast, quick decision making team with the puck. They have a relentless forecheck.

San Jose does not manhandle anyone. They control the puck and hit as little as possible.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Leafs tie it up and Caps advance, but OV has never been past the 2nd round. Is he a top 10 winger all time?

Last edited:

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Friday is a little ridiculous. Lawless confirmed it would be midweek. So either Wednesday with the Leafs game or Thursday.
Yeah...Friday is super unlikely.

Thursday works well because we then have alternating WCSFs (Th/Sa/Mo/We) with ECSFs (F/Su/Tu/Th).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->