GDT: PDF/WCSF: G1 SJ Sharks @ Vegas Golden Knights 7PM PST (I've got boxes full of Pepe edition)

Will Vegas win?

• Total voters

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I think the Knights were a little uptight in the first series vs LA and Quick in particular. They looked a lot more loose and confident in this one. Sharks in trouble man, that was a seriously one-sided affair.

Reactions: Aja

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think the Knights were a little uptight in the first series vs LA and Quick in particular. They looked a lot more loose and confident in this one. Sharks in trouble man, that was a seriously one-sided affair.

Its one road loss for them, not exactly trouble. I believe the Knights are smart enough to not get overconfident, but easy to do when everything goes in and you can kill 5 on 3s like its no big deal. We'll see if they remain intense and stick to their system over the next two games. If they do then I'll breathe a little easier because a game after a blowout and then the first road game of the series are always minefields that have to be passed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
OK never, ever, in my wildest dreams did I envision* several posters saying (someone started a damn thread!) the Knights are too good and so good that it's unfair. People are talking about this team like they're the 80's oilers and rule changes need to be made for gods sake

I know it's knee jerk as usual with Hfboards but still. Maybe Han was onto something.

*this year

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Definitely was just one game but the Knights looked much faster. NHL network was talking about the Sharks focusing on Karlsson.

Knights have a lot more guys then can score than Karlsson. Tough to contain them all. Quick was amazing last series. Another great game by Fleury. Cheap shot on Belly by Kane.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely was just one game but the Knights looked much faster. NHL network was talking about the Sharks focusing on Karlsson.

Knights have a lot more guys then can score than Karlsson. Tough to contain them all. Quick was amazing last series. Another great game by Fleury. Cheap shot on Belly by Kane.
Anyone who puts the focus on William Karlsson flat out doesn't watch this team. That's not to say he's not one of our better players by any means but it's clear some people only look at statlines. No one talks about his top notch defensive ability.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
OK never, ever, in my wildest dreams did I envision* several posters saying (someone started a damn thread!) the Knights are too good and so good that it's unfair. People are talking about this team like they're the 80's oilers and rule changes need to be made for gods sake

I know it's knee jerk as usual with Hfboards but still. Maybe Han was onto something.

*this year
It's been going on since February.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, ATL
OK never, ever, in my wildest dreams did I envision* several posters saying (someone started a damn thread!) the Knights are too good and so good that it's unfair. People are talking about this team like they're the 80's oilers and rule changes need to be made for gods sake. I know it's knee jerk as usual with Hfboards but still. Maybe Han was onto something. *this year
They're the same idiots who predicted we'd miss the playoffs. We were built through the expansion draft for goodness sake.

It reminds me of the ignorant Un-American Americans who were anti the original 92 Dream Team. The 88 Olympics literally had rules that allowed European pros such as Tony Kukoc to play, but banned American pros.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from the game & some post game festivities...Yes its 2AM...Yes is was FUN. What a showing by the home team. WOW! My buddy is in town from Vancouver for his first Knights game & ironically this is the first playoff hockey game he's ever been to. (The Canucks rarely make the playoffs & when they do, prices are insane! :nod:) All I can say is a great time was had by all!

I can count on one hand the amount of teal jerseys I saw in the crowd. Not only wasn't there a San Jose presence, they had NOTHING to cheer for. Absolutely nothing.

As nice as it was to win in a laugher, but the game was a dud. It was over 6 minutes in. Would've liked a close game for my visiting friend to get a taste of live playoff hockey. Alas, it's still crazy that we keep rolling along like there wasn't a layoff. Excellent coaching by Gallant to keep the boys sharp.

The Sharks are going to want payback on Saturday...hopefully we can match their intensity.

Time for bed.

GO! :vegas GO!

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I enjoy watching Knights games that are decided in the first 6 minutes, but the wet towel thrower inside me knows the score for game 2 is 0-0 and SJ will not lay down like that. Does anyone here think Kane will be suspended for crosschecking Belly's head off? Since PEB returned to the game, I'm thinking maybe not?

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Is this real life? Are the Knights really in the 2nd round of the playoffs and destroyed the Sharks in game 1?

I love this team. Go Knights Go!!!!!!!!!!!

The Knights keep surprising almost everybody. Early in the season when they started out with a good record many people thought it wouldn't last. Then they have the best record in the NHL for a while. And some said they won't do anything in the playoffs. Then they knockout a playoff team like L.A. And pound the Sharks in the opener of the 2nd round.
This team is for real!! Go Knights Go!!!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Refs called the game tight last night, both ways, and I love it. This is how hockey should be officiated imho.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I enjoy watching Knights games that are decided in the first 6 minutes, but the wet towel thrower inside me knows the score for game 2 is 0-0 and SJ will not lay down like that. Does anyone here think Kane will be suspended for crosschecking Belly's head off? Since PEB returned to the game, I'm thinking maybe not?

Since he did get the game misconduct, he might be spared. I have no logical or historic basis for this opinion.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The Knights keep surprising almost everybody. Early in the season when they started out with a good record many people thought it wouldn't last. Then they have the best record in the NHL for a while. And some said they won't do anything in the playoffs. Then they knockout a playoff team like L.A. And pound the Sharks in the opener of the 2nd round.
This team is for real!! Go Knights Go!!!

You missed a step. Since both teams swept their opponents, but SJS scored 13 points and Vegas only 7, SJS was going to destroy us.

Now we're going to get the "No way VGK beats SJS in Game 2 after embarrassing them in Game 1"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad