News Article: (Paywall) Jacob Trouba in CP's Top 25 Under 25 list

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Corey Pronman has his top 25 under 25 published.

I do not always agree with CP but I always respect his point of view.

Trouba comes in at 19. Interestingly enough, Forsberg is at 18.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/13727587/top-25-players-age-25-2015-16-nhl

Jacob is hanging out with some amazing talent. Not sure about Hampus Lindholm being left off the list? The only beef I have his with:

His puck movement isn't fantastic, but due to his feet and above-average instincts with the puck, he has the ability to create significant offense.

I think Jacob has good vision and passing skills but I guess the wording leaves a bit of room for interpretation? If and when Jacob makes a mistake it’s not because he doesn't possess all the skills its usually because he is a big too aggressive. Either way it’s a pretty big honor to be included with this group of piers.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Forsberg has been awesome, but I'll still take the top pairing D over the scoring winger and I will do it every time.

Agree strongly with all aspects of this post.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jacob is hanging out with some amazing talent. Not sure about Hampus Lindholm being left off the list? The only beef I have his with:

I think Jacob has good vision and passing skills but I guess the wording leaves a bit of room for interpretation? If and when Jacob makes a mistake it’s not because he doesn't possess all the skills its usually because he is a big too aggressive. Either way it’s a pretty big honor to be included with this group of piers.

Trouba is hampered by his partner.

You think he wants to move the puck to Stuart, after Stu sloppily throws it over to him?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I didn't look at the list, but it's obvious that Morgan Rielly is #1 right?

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Forsberg has been awesome, but I'll still take the top pairing D over the scoring winger and I will do it every time.

Forsberg is a Center playing wing. Most likely Nashville's future #1C.
You can make a good argument for Trouba, but he has to take another big step here. His progression stagnated last year and a lot of young D have narrowed the gap.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You can make a good argument for Trouba, but he has to take another big step here. His progression stagnated last year and a lot of young D have narrowed the gap.

Forsberg doesn't look like a #1 C to me. He plays the game like a scoring winger. Maybe he'll make the transition, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Isn't it bad enough that I have to argue against this ludicrous notion when people who are NOT watching Trouba say it?

No. Just no. A D-man who dragged Stuart to better shot metrics numbers than even prime Chara managed to do has NOT stagnated in his progression. Trouba was arguably our best D-man last year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn't it bad enough that I have to argue against this ludicrous notion when people who are NOT watching Trouba say it?

No. Just no. A D-man who dragged Stuart to better shot metrics numbers than even prime Chara managed to do has NOT stagnated in his progression. Trouba was arguably our best D-man last year.

Stagnation by association? They really need to find Trouba a new partner. I think Morrissey might be adequate. :sarcasm: :)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Trouba has the potential to be top 10,

he is hampered by Stuart, but i think only in a small part.

For me he is being held back because of

Byfgulien/Bogosian

now
Byfuglien/Myers

He is the 3rd wheel of the JETS RD deployment

which is good also, as he doesn't face the best of the best yet. But that take some of the points also against him as he needs to play against the best of the best in order to be considered top 10.

With Trouba developing in a true #1 D
Ehlers potential to be superstar scoring winger
Schiefele trajectory being one of the best 2 way center in the league
Hellybuyck potential franchise goalie in net

all is shaping up for 2019 :)

Hoping for Trouba to get prime time minutes this year :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad