Pay By Play:NFL System?

Discussion in 'The Business of Hockey' started by Drury_Sakic, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drury_Sakic

Drury_Sakic Registered User

Home Page:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2010303

Since I don't know alot about board policy on copying articles, I will just put the link..

Kinda interesting, would be one way the NHLPA could notch a victory of sort in a new CBA, while the NHL would win sort of by having another carrot to reward players to work hard and play a better game...

Perhaps it could even be out of the cap system, a league wide performace scale could be set. Looking at your base pay, if you meet certain standards, you would get Pay By Play money? But, I guess it does just create another loophole, but I don't really know alot about how the NFL does it....

2. Dr Love

Dr Love Registered User

Gunslinger
    Most of those players were, prior to getting regular snaps; bit players, pratice squad players, rookies dead last on the depth chart, or not in the league when the season began. Randall Gay wasn't even in the league when the season began, Will Demps was an undrafted free agent rookie in 2002, Brian Russell a converted QB...

In hockey terms, for the most part, these guys were 4th liners who were put into a 2nd liner role due to various reasons, to give you an idea of where this might be applicable in the NHL.

3. Dr Love

Dr Love Registered User

Gunslinger
    And speaking of Brian Russell and the NFL cap:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8279387

4. Drury_Sakic

Drury_Sakic Registered User

Home Page:
    That sounds logical to me.. I guess... As long as there are enough restrictions preventing a team from accumulating too much extra cap space too often..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.