Pavel Datsyuk tribute video, a final goodbye

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hi Made a video of Pavel Datsyuk. Thought i could share it with you Wings fans. I really miss him in NHL. It was a joy to watch him in Detroit :)

The Barry Sanders of hockey.
He could make a nothing play look like art.

I've never enjoyed watching a hockey player more than I enjoyed watching Datsyuk.

Reactions: LucaBrasil

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
the crazy thing about him too is that he made it all look effortless. he seemed to always be a step ahead of everyone.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Stevie Y was my hockey hero, but Sergei & Pavel were the ones that brought me out of my seat, made me laugh, gasp and shake my head.

Becoming a wings fan entirely by accident and in ignorance in 1993 was so very very fortunate. To go through an era with the players between now and then is an extraordinary thing as a fan. Its on reason I can be forgiving of the current team. I had 20 years in a row of watching a great side with brilliant players, wonderful storylines and incredible achievements. The team now is mediocre, but in Hank, Mantha, Larkin, AA and Green, there are still players who can do truly brilliant things, and that counts for a lot.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
First time I saw him in 01-02 playing on the 3-D line with Devereaux and Dandenault, you could see ridiculous skill.
He had an awkward skating stride seemed like he wouldn't shoot the puck unless you put a gun to his head.
But right then, you could see mesmerizing skill.
Then Hull asked to play with Datsyuk and the rest is history.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Damn I miss watching him play hockey.

We can talk about his hockey IQ, stickhandling, vision, etc., but to me the difference between Datsyuk and the other superstars as a viewer is that guys like Crosby and McDavid do things we've seen before but at a much higher level, whereas Datsyuk did things we've never seen before and may not ever see again.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Also hard to blame Datsyuk for returning to his homeland at the conclusion of the 2015-16 season. His current team in the KHL is absolutely STACKED, with a record of 34-1-2 for 99 points in 37 games(!)

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Heres 3+ hours worth of Datsyuk's career highlights, including every single playoff point of his

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad