Pavel Bure 5 goal game in 1998 Nagano Olympics (video)

P-M Bouchard

Jun 5, 2004
That guy was the usual pbp guy on English Eurosport. And that was obviously just a recap as IIRC, Eurosport didn't show all the games live from Nagano (if any).

That was propably Carlton Kirby or Richard Beaupre. They did wonderful commentary together from the Ice Hockey World Championships in the 90´s.

Last edited:

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Jarmo Myllys, this was not one of your greatest nights :D

I think I missed the game back then, since my interest in hockey was all-time low at the time. Shame.

Anyway, a great battle. I wish you could see games like that more often, even though the coaches wouldn´t necessarily agree with that one!

surge

Mar 7, 2004
I'm a huge Pavel Bure fan and a huge Vancouver Canucks fan, but I can honestly say that Pavel Bure wasn't the best player on the ice that game. Those who saw the game will remember how amazing Teemu Selanne played that day, he was outstanding.

GravityGrave

Feb 5, 2005
I'm a huge Pavel Bure fan and a huge Vancouver Canucks fan, but I can honestly say that Pavel Bure wasn't the best player on the ice that game. Those who saw the game will remember how amazing Teemu Selanne played that day, he was outstanding.

That's debatable, but I agree Teemu played with a hell of a lot of heart that game. He was - as usual when he's playing for his country - incredible. To battle back with the team down was a treat to watch, but I can't say I was dissapointed Russia came out on top. ;)

This, by the way, underscores a point I ceaselessly try to make to some of the more thickheaded people I encounter; European players are judged by an unfair standard vis-a-vis "heart". Bure and Selanne are two players who were often dogged by the label of "heartless", and non-team player (Bure of course more so). But anyone who watched how hard they played for their countries would be hard pressed to make that accusation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->