Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hmm, wel he hasnt even played 2 full seasons yet so where should I be elvautating him? His junior season when he was 17?
Those are my options? Either we can reduce him to one stat over 30 games (of his 115 game career), or we need to go back to when he was a teenager, watching cartoons and presumably being gifted fake jerseys by his girlfriend? I will not choose from these options.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Those are my options? Either we can reduce him to one stat over 30 games (of his 115 game career), or we need to go back to when he was a teenager, watching cartoons and presumably being gifted fake jerseys by his girlfriend? I will not choose from these options.
When you're wrong you're wrong. It's alright. Just admit it and man up sometimes, funny man.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Can we give Buch one season without that buffoon AV anchoring him to evaluate him? He's got talent, but who knows about his confidence with that dope dropping him to the 4th line or benching him every other game.

He should be in the weight room though.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Vesey vs Buchnevich in regards to defensive play is like a magic act...you make people think they're seeing something they're not

Specifically, Vesey hustling around the ice but getting little done makes people think he's a great defensive player. Buchnevich doing an adequate but not terribly visible job makes people think he's lazy and bad.

Fooled by slight of hand.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Vesey vs Buchnevich in regards to defensive play is like a magic act...you make people think they're seeing something they're not

Specifically, Vesey hustling around the ice but getting little done makes people think he's a great defensive player. Buchnevich doing an adequate but not terribly visible job makes people think he's lazy and bad.

Fooled by slight of hand.

Sure but when you add in his limited points, then you are seeing what you get. Lazy. His first half of the season he looked like he cared, second half of the team he didn't look engaged at all and his stat sheet confirmed that.

I don't know why some people (not you), can't say, "yea, he was was a bit lazy, yea he didn't do very well the second half" instead of just making excuses for him.

Next season I have no doubt he will be much better so saying he struggled the last half of the season shouldn't get those 2-3 posters up in arms.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Can we give Buch one season without that buffoon AV anchoring him to evaluate him? He's got talent, but who knows about his confidence with that dope dropping him to the 4th line or benching him every other game.

He should be in the weight room though.
Meh. I hope the next coach challenges him too.

Reactions: Dactyl

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Sure but when you add in his limited points, then you are seeing what you get. Lazy. His first half of the season he looked like he cared, second half of the team he didn't look engaged at all and his stat sheet confirmed that.

I don't know why some people (not you), can't say, "yea, he was was a bit lazy, yea he didn't do very well the second half" instead of just making excuses for him.

Next season I have no doubt he will be much better so saying he struggled the last half of the season shouldn't get those 2-3 posters up in arms.

Nah lazy is still being used as a put down and people taking it personally. He's not lazy, but that doesn't mean he didn't have some struggles.

Calling a player lazy is usually a lazy analysis ;)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nah lazy is still being used as a put down and people taking it personally. He's not lazy, but that doesn't mean he didn't have some struggles.

Calling a player lazy is usually a lazy analysis ;)

But if he's not giving it 100% out there, what do you call it? Sorry if it offends people...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Can you prove he's actually not giving 100%?
What? No i can't prove that, nor can you prove he is. I'm going on what I see. You can agree with me or not. We are all entitled to our opinions. I know i'm not even close to the only one who has said he looks lazy at times. When he on and giving it his all it's very noticeable.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Despite his inconsistencies, shuffled up and down the lineup and what at times appeared lack of interest he still had 43 points in 74 games as a 22 year old. That's impressive.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What? No i can't prove that, nor can you prove he is. I'm going on what I see. You can agree with me or not. We are all entitled to our opinions. I know i'm not even close to the only one who has said he looks lazy at times. When he on and giving it his all it's very noticeable.

This is true.

But then why are you doing it?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a player who is just struggling and sometimes doubting themselves and a player not giving it his all. I can't say for sure Buchnevich doesn't fall into the second category somewhat, but we've seen this with lots of players. Hayes got it a lot. Stepan too, and especially in the first part of the season with Coyotes fans. Just their styles and the way they carry themselves, when they are doing well they're effortless, when they struggle they're lazy. Those two aren't outwardly demonstrative when they're struggling like Buchnevich, so that's another knock against them.

Reactions: Inferno

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Doing what? Stating my opinion why i think he mailed it in and was a bit lazy the second half of the season? Thought this was a message board, and a thread about Buch. My fault.

Sorry if you're offended people don't agree with your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad