Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Why are there people who think Buch is soft and needs to be traded? DAFUQ?
Can you prove otherwise? He’s produced less goals playing with much better offensive players than Vesey has. And he gets knocked around like a piñata

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
People need to taper their expectations... guy has barely played a full seasons worth of games. In about the same amount of games to start his career Kuznetsov had a whopping 46 points. He broke out for 77 the next season.

Guy is 3rd in points on the team as a 22 year old mid-3rd round pick. I seriously don't know what some of you are expecting.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
would love to see him get 50 points this year. Probably ends up mid 40's. Hopefully we can see a full year out of him and zibby next season. or if zibby gets moved him and Names.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
People need to taper their expectations... guy has barely played a full seasons worth of games. In about the same amount of games to start his career Kuznetsov had a whopping 46 points. He broke out for 77 the next season.

Guy is 3rd in points on the team as a 22 year old mid-3rd round pick. I seriously don't know what some of you are expecting.

I expect a second line 15-20 goal 45-50 pt player. More importantly I expect posters on this forum to stop calling him a first liner

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Can you prove otherwise? He’s produced less goals playing with much better offensive players than Vesey has. And he gets knocked around like a piñata
If you're asking him to block shots and battle along the boards that is not his game, and if that makes him soft ... well you should probably watch some NHL games today ... a lot has changed and not every player is a grinder.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I expect a second line 15-20 goal 45-50 pt player. More importantly I expect posters on this forum to stop calling him a first liner

I think he has the capability to be that but it's not something I would bet money on.

If he keeps getting stronger... I don't think 60-65 points is out of the realm of possibility. However, 50-55 points is a more safe bet

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How many players do you think get 50 points a season? Also, how many first line spots do you think there are in the league?

The answers might surprise you.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

But you would want us to ignore the facts for your narrative.

You expect 45-50 points, but over an 82 game season, he's averaging 52 right now. He's 22 years old. You are already wrong, and then again, your projection would call for him to regress, not get better.

As for if he's a first liner, right now, he's a #4 forward, if we are to be fair about this. T105 in scoring, which equates to a 4th forward, although 1 player average him on the PPG list plays less. If we go by P/60, which is more of an efficiency measure, he's 60th in all situations P/60 and 55th in 5 on 5 P/60, so there's certainly reason to believe he'd be a #3 or potentially even #2 or #1 forward with the amount of ice time he deserves. Most of these players don't get less than 15 minutes per game.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think next season, year three, will go a long way toward helping us identify what type of player Buch is likely to be in this league.
Under coach who would provide some stability / continuity to help him to excel. His min/game is ridiculous no matter what type of spin AV would put on it to explain.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
But you would want us to ignore the facts for your narrative.

You expect 45-50 points, but over an 82 game season, he's averaging 52 right now. He's 22 years old. You are already wrong, and then again, your projection would call for him to regress, not get better.

As for if he's a first liner, right now, he's a #4 forward, if we are to be fair about this. T105 in scoring, which equates to a 4th forward, although 1 player average him on the PPG list plays less. If we go by P/60, which is more of an efficiency measure, he's 60th in all situations P/60 and 55th in 5 on 5 P/60, so there's certainly reason to believe he'd be a #3 or potentially even #2 or #1 forward with the amount of ice time he deserves. Most of these players don't get less than 15 minutes per game.

I bet you lost NPL with averaging 52 right now. ; )

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
How many players do you think get 50 points a season? Also, how many first line spots do you think there are in the league?

The answers might surprise you.

People like to equate "first liner" with upper echelon types like Scheifele or Marchand. They say "first liner" but they mean "elite". Same goes for when people say "1D". They'd argue until they were blue in the face if you were to suggest that there's 31 1D in the league.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
People like to equate "first liner" with upper echelon types like Scheifele or Marchand. They say "first liner" but they mean "elite". Same goes for when people say "1D". They'd argue until they were blue in the face if you were to suggest that there's 31 1D in the league.
Yes, this is one of my most frustrating arguing points. I've yet to have someone argue me that there are not 31 head coaches though.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Especially with a clean slate and a new coach.
I’m willing to give Buch first line ice time with offensive players all year next season under a new. Is he. If he doesn’t flourish then trade him, but st a diminished value

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
He has like three times more assists then Vesey despite the fact Vesey has played 5 more games than him but Vesey is the better Offensive player? Also Vesey's hattrick yesterday doesn't happen without the play of Buch

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Oh, and by the way, I equate the people writing Buch off to flat earthers.

Buchnevich is 22 and has played 103 NHL games. That is a season and one quarter. Are people expecting a guy like Buchnevich to come in and put u0 30 goals and 40 assists?

Fun numbers: Tarasenko, in his first 102 games (at the same age as Buch), had 29 goals and 33 assists. Buch, in his first 103 games, has 22 goals and 37 assists.

Just sit on that for a bit.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Buchnevich is 22 and has played 103 NHL games. That is a season and one quarter. Are people expecting a guy like Buchnevich to come in and put u0 30 goals and 40 assists?

Fun numbers: Tarasenko, in his first 102 games (at the same age as Buch), had 29 goals and 33 assists. Buch, in his first 103 games, has 22 goals and 37 assists.

Unfortunately, there is a tendency to expect a lot, soon. That usually leads to disappointment.

Also unfortunate is that when you try and set a reasonable expectation and timetable, people react like you’re proposing that they sacrifice their first born.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina

I hope we are able to sign him to a cap friendly contract for 4+ years (MAYBE below 5M). No doubt he could be a 70 pt scorer as soon as next year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Buchnevich's point production might compare to Tarasenko's in the not too distant future but I don't see the two as that comparable as far as playing style. Tarasenko is a lot stockier and stronger for one thing and more of a goal scorer than a playmaker. Buchnevich so far anyway has been more the playmaker. I also see a bumpier ride for Buchnevich in the next couple years than Tarasenko had. First I think a lot of Rangers fan overrate the ability of the Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Kreider line. To me they look like a really good second line at least a very good one if you have a decent first line. Expecting that line to produce like other first lines around the league---at least first lines of better than average teams IMO is expecting too much. Zib and Kreider have been in the league for years--they're both capable of getting into the 50's in point production but neither of them have ever hit 60 and neither of them have ever approached 30 goals--well maybe Chris approached it once. We can argue all night long about what first line numbers should be but if your team is the Penguins, the Caps, the Lightning you're not looking at mean averages--you're looking at specific production numbers that start around 70 points anyway.

The Rangers need to find guys (and at least two would be good) who can dependably put up 70+ points a year and P/60's fine and dandy and all (it's pro-rating) but it's not the same as Crosby, Matthews, Malkin, Ovechkin, Benn, McDavid, Draisatl, Marchand, Kane or Getzlaf etc. doing it for real.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->