Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As I mentioned in the game thread, the biggest improvement in his game is his skating. He was a good skater prior to this skater, but he's become an elite skater. He went right by McAvoy one of the best skating defenseman in the NHL in a foot race up the ice to create a chance for Zibanejad. Also, as Kshahdoo mentioned, he's much improved his willingness to shoot the puck, which is why he's scoring so many more goals. He has gotten stronger but I thought that issue was not as much of an issue as some said last season.

He improved his core strength. Core strength helps improve skating. As we've seen in multiple videos he also worked specifically on skating during the offseason.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
He is very intent on succeeding by all appearances. I simply love the intelligence he shows with the puck. That goal he scored against the Bruins was a good example of realizing that he had a prime opportunity and also confidence in himself. He didn't do some self-defeating spinorama move looking to give the puck to someone behind him. He went for it. Not everybody has the talent he has, but a direct play like that is great to see. Like Miller's OT winner a few games ago, sometimes you just go for it instead of trying to score by committee.

Last edited:
Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Somehow missed this interview from over a week ago, but here was another interview he did.

Павел Бучневич: "Шипачева мариновали в "Вегасе", даже не дали шанса"

- The match with "Vegas" was a success - you were recognized as the third star of the meeting.
- Yes, I was returned to the first link in which I started this season - we understand each other perfectly. Well played the whole match, there were many moments, but only in the third period we managed to realize the moments. Mick (partner of Bochnevich on the triple, Swede Mika Zibanejad ., - Note "SE" ) dragged us.
- It seemed that you have a good game went only to the second period ...
- It happened. Maybe I was a little shocked because of the terrorist attack that occurred in New York, it happened next to my house.
- You started the season very well - 10 points in 12 matches. In what could you add in comparison with the last championship?
- Now I have no health problems, and last season there was a trauma. I could not play 100 percent.
- You've probably heard about the situation with Vadim Shipachev ...
- Yes ( interrupts ), I talked with him.
"Do you know anything about his career plans?"
- He did not say what his plans were, but I read on the Internet that he was going back to Russia. I do not know why he was so "marinated" in "Vegas". Everyone knows that Vadim is a good player, he just was not given a chance. Man played in the KHL for 20-25 minutes, spent most of the majority, but here he was not even let out to the rally unnecessary. It is not right.
- Do you still maintain contact with someone from the Russian overseas?
- Yes, with the young guys I know.
- Alexei Bereglazov , whom the "Rangers" were sent to the AHL?
- Yes, he also talked with him. Alexei has a difficult situation, I do not know what will happen to him.
- In New York, you are already the second year. Have you mastered the United States?
- Yes, it has become much easier, when you understand everything that you explain on the game moments. Now much more communication with the team. In the first year I did not know English at all - I was sitting like a woodpecker in the locker room, did not understand anything.
- Did you have a Halloween party?
- Yes.
" Which suit was chosen?"
"Something like Al Capone." I did not bother much, went to the store and bought the first suit. And here some guys at us did makejak for two hours. For me it is generally wildness - I would hardly have been able to.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He is very intent on succeeding by all appearances. I simply love the intelligence he shows with the puck. That goal he scored against the Bruins was a good example of realizing that he had a prime opportunity and also confidence in himself. He didn't do some self-defeating spinorama move looking to give the puck to someone behind him. He went for it. Not everybody has the talent he has, but a direct play like that is great to see. Like Miller's OT winner a few games ago, sometimes you just go for it instead of trying to score by committee.

Well yeah, he's not J.T. Miller.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Happy to see Pavel finding this foreign land more fitting than last year. Unable to speak the language, hard to make friends, home sick, injured, and all of it not paying off with good hockey must have been difficult. I'm sure he's found a place that serves authentic Russian food by now. Making friends and having fun. More important than playing good hockey.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Happy to see Pavel finding this foreign land more fitting than last year. Unable to speak the language, hard to make friends, home sick, injured, and all of it not paying off with good hockey must have been difficult. I'm sure he's found a place that serves authentic Russian food by now. Making friends and having fun. More important than playing good hockey.

Well, there are more Russians in NYC, than in his native city Cherepovets, so I'm sure he has.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I found this

In this issue we get acquainted with the forward of the "Rangers" Pavel Buchnevich.
The career of Pavel Buchnevich in the last couple of weeks is like a fairy tale. After the strained and for the most part disappointing start of the regular season, the "Rangers" changed their shoes on the move and turned into an unbeaten team, which in November did not suffer a single defeat.
After six consecutive wins, the Rangers are officially the most "hot" team in the NHL, and Buchnevich is generally a hot frying pan. On his account 11 (7 + 4) points in the last nine games, and on the winning segment of the Russian striker, on average, more than one point per game.
Buchnevich is one of the main reasons why the majority of the Rangers look extremely dangerous, and even in the five-five format, the striker returned to the strongest link of Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider and goes in an excellent performance chart: 15 (8 + 7) points in 18 meetings. On Tuesday morning, this is the third result in the "Rangers" after Zibanejad and defender Kevin Shattenkirk. Eight goals - this is exactly as much as Buchnevich scored for the entire debut season 2016-17.
Outside the ice, he continues to get acquainted with New York, which can for a long time become his home, if the striker will continue in the same spirit. This is the second year of his freshman contract and the upcoming summer and the club, and the player himself can begin to look to the future.
Not always acquaintance gives only positive emotions. Only in the middle of October, having stopped in his first independent housing in Manhattan, already a couple of weeks later Buchnevich was in the epicenter of the tragic events of October 31 in New York, when the pickup, having set off on the bicycle path, began to press people.
All this nightmare happened in Tribeca - adjacent to the downtown town of Manhattan, where most of the Rangers' hockey players live. And in a few meters from the house, where he rented the house itself Buchnevich. The police blocked all approaches to the district, an investigation was under way. Buchnevich was forced to ask the police to take him to his house. That same evening, the "Rangers" had planned a game against the "Golden Knights".
"Everybody had a state close to panic," he says, "you do not know what to do, you grab the phone." They started calling from the club: "Will you manage to get there?" The team meeting was postponed before the game. "
For a while it was unclear if the match would ever take place. The atmosphere in the locker room "Rangers" did not resemble the usual. The proximity to the tragedy left a mark on the mood and behavior of the players. One of them - David Dearne - after moving from Montreal, settled in the house right in front of the place where the misfortune happened. His wife and child are used to walking along this bike path every day.
"David came shocked," Buchnevich said, "We did not talk about this, but I know that he lives in the house opposite and could see everything that happened." Many people took it to heart, and it was clear from his eyes that others people are also in shock. "The dressing room was completely different."
At the meeting before the game the goalkeeper Henrik Lundqvist took the floor.
"He said it was not a simple game," recalls Buchnevich, "that we need to play well: for our families, for the whole city." That people are suppressed and our task is to cheer them up and make them at least not during the match thought about what had happened. "Бучневич has recollected these words in the second break at the account 2: 4 in favor of "Vegas". In the final segment of the "Rangers" just destroyed the opponent, and the Russian equalized and assisted in the episode with a winning goal. His team won that meeting 6: 4. It was the duel on October 31 that marked the beginning of the six-match unbeaten Rangers series.
The fact that the speech in the locker room before the game was made precisely by Lundwist, few people can surprise. The star goalkeeper is neither the captain of the Rangers, nor one of his assistants, but in the eyes of many he is the soul and face of the hockey club from Broadway. He has been playing in New York for more than ten years. Here his children were born, the people of this city are helped by his charitable foundation.
Recently Buchnevich has become friends with Lundquist, which also indirectly speaks about the changed status of the Russian in the team, although even more - about the banal progress of Buchnevich in English.
"We dined with Pavel after the match and talked about life," Lundqvist told the club press service after a visiting game in Florida. "He's a young guy from Russia." The first year here was such a big change in his life for him. to feel more comfortable, above the ice, in terms of language, which is evident from his game: he is more comfortable, he is more self-confident, he is interested in watching. On the ice he can do something you do not expect at all. "
"That year I told him two phrases," hello "and" see you, "and nothing more," laughs Buchnevich. "Now I communicate more with his friends, Swedes and other Europeans."
What did Lundqvist ask him about? And about what Lundqvist asked himself Buchnevich?
"Basically, about Russia," says Pavel, "he wanted to know about different cities, it's cold or not cold there, some household things, I asked him about Sweden." He asked about New York. because in Russia for this especially did not follow. "
In the "Rangers" is difficult to find two less similar to each other than Lunkvydist and Buchnevich. The first - a 35-year-old man in his prime, playing in glamorous New York for 12 years and embodying success. He won all in hockey at the international level, earned a star status in the NHL and contract for $ 8.5 million a year and has long been accustomed to be, at least in view of his role, in the spotlight. Outside the locker room, he is always best dressed, smiles more broadly and knows how to behave, as befits a person, back in 2006 included by People magazine in the list of "100 Most Beautiful People in the World".
One day Buchnevich will be able to become like him, but so far he is a 22-year-old guy from Cherepovets, with a newcomer's contract and quite basic English, who looks at everything happening around him with wide-open eyes.
"He (Lundqvist) looks like a businessman, not as a hockey player," Buchnevich smiles, "you look at him and realize that you need to get up an hour earlier to look just like him." I'm different. "He woke up, brushed his teeth and went to training ".
In life, the attacker dresses as much as possible, and certainly does not plan to revise the wardrobe in the near future.
"When I wear jeans, when I'm sporty, I do not like suits, ties, that's all, they're squeezed in. I'm not comfortable with them," he says.
Players "Rangers" wear business suits for the matches. Buchnevich also wears them ("It's necessary"), but when was the last time he put on a tie on his own initiative?
"At school, I guess," he laughs, "I do not even remember, I never had a costume after school and in Russia."

"Знакомимся ближе" с Павлом Бучневичем | Национальная хоккейная лига

and this

At the beginning of the season, I was in the same link, I played even more than now. I could not score, I always had moments. And now the partners are helping, three or four times already scored in an empty net. I try to throw more, play to install coaches. I try to just throw on the gate, you never know what will happen. Mika in style is like me, and Crieder is more fighting, can hold the puck, take it away, run away. We are not so fast, he runs like a horse. And on a pause, we Tsukarello can play, it's not for me. I just try to find a partner, play out of the box, not like the Americans.

I began to play more than that year. There is no such thing that a couple of shifts have been bad and you have been imprisoned. Of course, they will do, they will say, but there is no such thing that they immediately lower the fourth link. In the summer he recovered, his back does not hurt. With injured back it was hard to play, but what to do, it was necessary, "Buchnevich said on the air of NHL television.

Бучневич: стараюсь играть нестандартно, не как американцы

These are rough translations, and some don't even make sense. If someone who speaks Russian would like to tell us if those are rather accurate translations, that would help. Thank you!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So hard to guess numbers with Buch though - his best NHL start in his young career and who knows what we will see end of this season.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I found this

"Знакомимся ближе" с Павлом Бучневичем | Национальная хоккейная лига

and this

Бучневич: стараюсь играть нестандартно, не как американцы

These are rough translations, and some don't even make sense. If someone who speaks Russian would like to tell us if those are rather accurate translations, that would help. Thank you!
For no particular reason, I started with the 2nd article. I'm leaning somewhat on the (machine?) translation you provided with a few corrections where I'm sure some meaning is lost (my comments in italics).

Most of the Russian I'm learning is very formal, so I'm probably losing a lot in that I'm not familiar with colloquial speech (not to mention he's probably not thinking clearly after exerting himself so much).

At the beginning of the season, I was in the same link (not sure what he means here, there is some colloquial meaning attached that I'm not familiar with, possibly he means he played the same line), I played even more than now. I simply could not score, I always had moments. And now partners are helping, three or four times already scored in an empty net. I try to throw more, to play in the aim of coaches (probably literally trainers, but I'm guessing coach is the more appropriate English term here). I try to just throw on the net, you never know what will happen. Mika in style is like me, and Krieder is more fighting, he can hold the puck, take it away, run away. We are not so fast, he runs like a horse. And during a pause, we have Zuccarello [who?] can play (I think he is saying that Zuccarello can fill in for him or something, it's not clear to me), this is not to me. I simply try to find a partner, play outside the box (this seems in this context to be a really idiomatic reading, I'm not familiar with the full connotations of the word «стандартный» of which we have the short-adjective form here), not like the Americans.

I began to play more than that year. There is no such thing that a couple of shifts have been bad and you are benched (seated, sat seems to be a better reading here). Of course, they will come, they will tell, but there is no such thing that they immediately drop/lower the fourth line (I'm going with «звено» = line). In the summer I recovered, back does not hurt. With injured back it was hard to play, but I did what was needed. (very idiomatic translation here)."Buchnevich said on the air of NHL television.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, there are more Russians in NYC, than in his native city Cherepovets, so I'm sure he has.
There are more "Russians" in NYC.thereis quite a difference,but I doubtrussian food is an issue at all. Ot's more about communicating with people who know your world.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice game from him after a few bad ones. 20 points in 25 games after 20 in 41 last year, reached his total from last year in 16 fewer games in not that much more ice time, only about a minute and a half more. With real ice time, he could be PPG or higher.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Same amount of pts as Zucc on 100 less mins

All of KZB are better than Zucc who's had a bad season. Even Miller might now be better than Zucc. Zucc has looked so lazy this season.

I think its a coin-flip between Ziba and Buch at 1, give it to Ziba for now until Buch gets a bigger role. Kreider at 3, Miller 4, Zucc 5.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Buchnevich is on pace for a 65-66 point season.

big-stack-of-money.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad