Value of: Paul Stastny Next contract

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I don’t think his production has been worth his last contract but he has a decent year and no one talks about previous numbers plus he misses quite a bit of games each year

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I don’t think his production has been worth his last contract but he has a decent year and no one talks about previous numbers plus he misses quite a bit of games each year
Agree and no one mentions what came 1st, the chicken or the egg ie. did Stasny improve Ehlers and Laine or did Ehlers and Laine improve Stasny?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I’d offer 1 year 8.5m from the Canucks, but I doubt he takes it.
Why would he do that? If he is signing a 1 year deal, it is because he is trying to figure out where he wants to take the Cup on his day to have it. I don't think the Canucks are at that point next year.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
He will sign with the Jet
2 years between Little and Schiefele/Wheelers contract.
:)

Take a crack at the cup.
He made his money already its about family, culture, winning, fun :) now

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He will sign with the Jet
2 years between Little and Schiefele/Wheelers contract.
:)

Take a crack at the cup.
He made his money already its about family, culture, winning, fun :) now

Would be prudent to sign with the Jets. They have the best chance to win next year's playoffs.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Why would he do that? If he is signing a 1 year deal, it is because he is trying to figure out where he wants to take the Cup on his day to have it. I don't think the Canucks are at that point next year.
High salary for 1 year on a team where he will have a big role. Then he can cash in on one last big contract.

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Jets will pull it off with 4 years @ $7.25 mill / season.

Elhers Stastny Laine will be the leagues best 2nd line that could easily be a 1st line by the end of the year.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I think the Jets will pay big money for Stastny since he was such a good fit.
If Kane got 7 million for 7 years you can expect at least a 5 year contract at 8 million .
He performed very well this playoff season and as a UFA he is in the driver's seat.

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
There’s two scenarios that are worth thinking about.

1. 1 year contract with the Jets around $5.0 million if he truly believes they have a shot next year.

2. 5+ year contract for good money elsewhere.

I hope he chooses number 1 because he was a perfect fit on that line. I also have a hunch he will do this.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
At his age and with his history of injury and missing games (this year was the first time in 8 years he cracked 80 games), he'd be foolish to take a risky one year deal. He'll sign a 4-5 year deal somewhere to finish out his career and will get paid handsomely as the #2 UFA center.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
I'd say he get the same contract backes got. Backes was around 32 and similar skill level when he signed with Boston.

Wasn't that something like 6 over 5 years?

razor ray

May 8, 2011
No matter what guys say to the media.....they are 99.9% of the time looking out for their own interests. A “hometown discount” is super rare especially when guys have several years to play.

When someone offers $28 mill for 4 years the first thing he does is look for a pen....not think about the Jets.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I agree fans realize it but GMs are dumb and over pay on term and cost. I would only give him two years and 5 mil

Part of it may be incompetence, but I think the largest factor is that GMs react out of a sense of fear and self-preservation. It pushes them to make poor decisions based on a lack of job security.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think the Jets will pay big money for Stastny since he was such a good fit.
If Kane got 7 million for 7 years you can expect at least a 5 year contract at 8 million .
He performed very well this playoff season and as a UFA he is in the driver's seat.

Uhm. No. Wheeler, Laine & Kyle Connor are forwards who need deals next year.

If it's Winnipeg, my guess is 11-12M for 2 years. Any longer and he'd have to look at under $5M AAV.

Outside WPG, someone will give im $35M for 5. It happens every year.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->