Value of: Paul Stastny Next contract

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Any idea what his next contract should look like? I would love him on the Flames although he is 32 already so age is getting up there. The new Kane contract should make all UFA values go higher now.
Thoughts?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Alot of teams will be desperate for centers so him and Brassard will fight for that 6.5M-7M contract

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Whatever the Jets can fit him at. He really shouldn’t be allowed to walk, his chemistry and fit with Laine is almost too good to pass up

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
hmmm. I doubt he would accept that since Kane just got 7x7. But then again Kane is 6 years younger. Maybe 7 mill at 5 or 6 years gets it done?

Stastny is 32, 4 years puts him pretty close to retirement anyways. 7m is his current salary, probably won't get more than that, will probably sign for less on a contender.

Also where at the flames supposed to put him? Are we buying Janko on the fourth line for good, or getting rid of Backlund/Monahan? We don't need centers.

Reactions: Doyle Hargraves

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
hmmm. I doubt he would accept that since Kane just got 7x7. But then again Kane is 6 years younger. Maybe 7 mill at 5 or 6 years gets it done?

Worst contract of the offseason, AINEC if someone goes and signs that.

He played behind an elite 1st line in Winnipeg with Ehlers& Laine, how many teams can give him a spot like that, and how many good years does he have left, 1 or 2 maybe?
No chance should he be a 1st line C for any team.

Could see Bergevin go after him and offer something crazy, or Benning.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm sure some team will pay him 7M and then regret it once they realize he's a 2nd line 50 point center.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Guessing a short contract to allow him to sign the next one before the 35+ rule applies. If not it'll be 6 or 7 years. The term you want to give +2 yrs UFA trend.

Would be cool if the Jets could move Little and give his money to Stastny. Little is a decent player but he doesn't mesh as well with the top 6 wingers and is making 2C money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->