Paul Stastny in general and Vs. Cogliano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
How good is Paul Stastny? The hockeysfuture write up makes him sound just like his dad, with obvious comparisons to his dad...

anyway is this kid the real deal? I know he has like 14 points 3g, 11a in 8 games

Kessel has 8 in 8...but Kessel is younger...and I know that Cogs has some nice numbers as well...

Does Stastny have Top 6 , first 2 lines potential in the NHL? and how does he compare to Cogs? Less speedy? similar skill set?

Thanks

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Cogliano IMO has more potential but Statsny IMO has potential to be an above average first liner, but great second liner.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I watched him one game and he seemed to do things naturally, calm player, high skill set, he had 3 points that game all on the PP i think, so it wasnt under heavy pressure, would be nice to see what he can do against top competition like World juniors or in the AHL and see if he can step it up a notch... i think he misses eligibility for world juniors by just a few days, too bad would have been intersting to see if he would have been selected.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HOCKEY_GURU said:
I watched him one game and he seemed to do things naturally, calm player, high skill set, he had 3 points that game all on the PP i think, so it wasnt under heavy pressure, would be nice to see what he can do against top competition like World juniors or in the AHL and see if he can step it up a notch... i think he misses eligibility for world juniors by just a few days, too bad would have been intersting to see if he would have been selected.

He was at the U.S. camp last year and would have been a lock this year if eligible.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'll be seeing Stastny again tonight.

Outside shot at 1st line very goos 2nd line potential. Good on face offs, good shot, great passer, not affraid to go to the net, clutch scorer, decent skating and speed, already has a good frame for his size.

Has the X factor of local and franchise ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->