Paul Martin's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabby19

Sep 8, 2004
...curious, what does the membership see as Paul's high/low potential. Is he a future PP QB? What do you see his point potential realistically over the next year, five years? From a point potential only, where is this guy going to top out and why?

thanks

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I dont really understand the powerplay quaterback expression here, but if you are talking about Bush's project of StarWars to help is friends in the american weapon industry, then yes, it looks like Paul Martin will back with power the idea and force canadians, with the help of conservatives, to join United-States in their efforts to prevent extraterrestrial bombs to fall on USs. Paul's Martin upside is in fact in the end of John Kerry, or let say in the end of intelligent americans.

On the other side, let's just say that if Martin can't get a majority of deputees at the next election, he will lose his no.1 spot for sure and may then retire or become a relatively good quaterback, specially if it is about not taking decisions.

It was done but I has to do it too. ;-)

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
The whole Paul Martin NJ defenseman - Paul Martin Canadian prime minister thing isnt funny, and it never was.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Potential to be a very reliable and quiet #2/3 defenseman for many years. Something like a Teppo Numminen?

gabby19

Sep 8, 2004
I think I've created a monster with this one...could be worse, at least his name isn't Darth. :)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Brodeur said:
Potential to be a very reliable and quiet #2/3 defenseman for many years. Something like a Teppo Numminen?
Agree with that comparison. I was thinking Weinrich but I like the Numinen comparison better.

Maverick

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I would see Martin as being slightly more offensive than a Numminen or a Weinrich...I watched him during the World Cup and it seemed that he was constantly thinking offense every shift. He was pinching more than any US defenseman I saw out there.

I agree that he tended to play a quiet game in Jersey last year, but I believe once he fully gains his confidence as an NHL defenseman, that he'll progress somewhat like Calgary's Jordan Leopold, who is also only getting better and more offensive as he gains more experience. I would say 45 points a couple of years down the road is far from unreachable for Martin, and that would put him in the top 10-15 point-getting D in the league...

The next NHL season (whenever that is) I would expect 32-38 points...in 5 years, like I said, regularly in the 40s, maxing out at 45 or just above.

Just my two cents...

-Mav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->