Paul Hendrick interview..Who makes the Leafs (Ranger) updates on Jake and Naz & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs For Life*

Seeing as Ranger showed up to camp and iirc had the best fitness scores, and is doing great in the AHL, I see the guy that TBL fans were saying could be a top pair dman, fitting in well with Gardiner on the 2nd pair.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Good interview guys.

Really enjoyed listening to Hendrick, he surprised me with how realistic he is about the Leafs, and the way he evaluates them is pretty much spot on with how I see it.

Ranger has been fantastic, and I really hope he's willing to sign an NHL contract, but it wouldn't really surprise me if he just wants to stay with the Marlies for the season. I think he's just trying to take his time coming back.

I think Jerry D will be on the Marlies sooner rather than later. Perhaps not this season, but I'd think next season. He's so good defensively.

I was really surprised at how frank he was about the #leafs too. My partner Michael said he was honest about the team, but i still thought he was going to sugar coat it a bit. he didnt

mikebel111*

No.

People are evaluating his play in the AHL without accepting he's playing in the AHL against AHL players.

He's 28 years old, is NHL capable, but last played a full NHL season 2007-2008. He was a top 4 defender that year on a bad team.

Who is he knocking out of the top 4? Liles, Gardiner?

How would Franson have fared in the AHL on a veteran team?

by that logic, schultz is also going to be bad

you just can't be positve ever, can you?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
No.

People are evaluating his play in the AHL without accepting he's playing in the AHL against AHL players.

He's 28 years old, is NHL capable, but last played a full NHL season 2007-2008. He was a top 4 defender that year on a bad team.

Who is he knocking out of the top 4? Liles, Gardiner?

How would Franson have fared in the AHL on a veteran team?

I sort of see it this way. I will keep my expectations in check until I see him play against half-decent NHL competition.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
by that logic, schultz is also going to be bad

you just can't be positve ever, can you?

It has more to do with tempering expectations than it does with crapping on a player who hasn't really proven much at the NHL level. For me, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad