OT: Paul George and Dream Teams

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Did anyone see what happened to Paul George last night? OUCH

For those of you who dont follow the NBA. Paul George is an NBA allstar for the Pacers and during a practice showcase for team USA he snapped his leg. We all held our breathe as JT was injured during the olympics and I knew a few baseball players were injured during the WBC.

How long before another major injury occurs for an allstar before we stop having these dream teams? I get it, they are a cash cow for the leagues but what if tavares snapped his leg. His career would of been over at 22. What if Crosby gets a concussion and his career is over? Or Lebron in the NBA?

I have never been a fan of dream teams.. just my 2 cents.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Didn't both Stamkos and Robidas have similar, albeit not as bad leg breaks this past season? Both ended up playing in the playoffs.

Breaking a bone is probably the least concerning worst injury, if that makes sense.

Regardless, athletes know what they're putting themselves at risk for when they sign their contract and they learn how to try and avoid major injuries while playing growing up.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
That was absolutely brutal to watch.

Compound fracture of the tibia-fibula... He's recovering from surgery but they're already they're talking he's out for the season.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Dream Teams are great if you don't care about the sport. Nothing better than seeing those kids chomping at the bit to go to the NHL after the Games. Thankfully, the NBA had a chance to screw up two sporting events for all of time.

Eruzione will always be bigger than any NHL player who played for the Olympics. Always.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Dream Teams are great if you don't care about the sport. Nothing better than seeing those kids chomping at the bit to go to the NHL after the Games. Thankfully, the NBA had a chance to screw up two sporting events for all of time.

Eruzione will always be bigger than any NHL player who played for the Olympics. Always.

Agreed.

They like those dream teams because they sell tickets. But, nothing is more fun to watch then a group of scraps that do something few and far in between with the odds against them like that 1980 team.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Maybe for Americans, not the rest of the world. Best on best is great, not sure why people are against it. The players WANT to play and it's not for the money.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Didn't both Stamkos and Robidas have similar, albeit not as bad leg breaks this past season? Both ended up playing in the playoffs.

Breaking a bone is probably the least concerning worst injury, if that makes sense.

Regardless, athletes know what they're putting themselves at risk for when they sign their contract and they learn how to try and avoid major injuries while playing growing up.

Tib -Fib compound fracture. Doubt we see him running for quite some time.

Moosie

Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
As a Pacers fan, as well as an Islanders fan, I can tell you no star should be playing with an organization other than the one paying them to play. This is devastating.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I still don't have a problem with any player who wants to represent their country in order to play a sport. They simply shouldn't be paid while they are out with an injury that was sustained playing for a different organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad