Confirmed with Link: Paul Fenton to be named GM of Minnesota Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I said on Friday we would hear either then or Sunday who the new GM is. Looks like I've got a leg up on Russo for once.

I'll take my brownie points and I look forward to hearing some thoughts on this from the rest of you.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I said on Friday we would here either then or Sunday who the new GM is. Looks like I've got a leg up on Russo for once.

I'll take my brownie points and I look forward to hearing some thoughts on this from the rest of you.
I think this offseason will pretty much mark the beginning of the end of Russo. He's no longer willing to put in the work that made him great, and now thinks he's an analyst.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I said on Friday we would here either then or Sunday who the new GM is. Looks like I've got a leg up on Russo for once.

I'm against this hiring. (just so I can bitch and moan about it later) :sarcasm:

I'm really just meh about the possible hiring. I'm reserving my thoughts until he starts doing stuff. It'll just be nice to have the GM spot filled so the makeover of the team can truly begin. 2-3 years before the real impact of the hiring is really felt (unless it all gets blown up).

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I'm against this hiring. (just so I can ***** and moan about it later) :sarcasm:

I'm really just meh about the possible hiring. I'm reserving my thoughts until he starts doing stuff. It'll just be nice to have the GM spot filled so the makeover of the team can truly begin. 2-3 years before the real impact of the hiring is really felt (unless it all gets blown up).
Like saying the Wild are bad at drafting then complaining about letting Tuch and Haula go to Vegas who they ahem drafted.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm against this hiring. (just so I can ***** and moan about it later) :sarcasm:

FIRE FENTON

I was the 1st to say it, so whenever it eventually happens, I can say I was right all along.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I said on Friday we would hear either then or Sunday who the new GM is. Looks like I've got a leg up on Russo for once.

What are the powerball numbers for Wednesday?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I think this offseason will pretty much mark the beginning of the end of Russo. He's no longer willing to put in the work that made him great, and now thinks he's an analyst.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: LOL ok

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think he's truly hoping for a window to open sending him to Vegas. He's sounded more excited in every tweet about them than he has about Minny in years. It was obvious who he was cheering for this last round. And he's still jumping Tuch and Haula's legs.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think he's truly hoping for a window to open sending him to Vegas. He's sounded more excited in every tweet about them than he has about Minny in years. It was obvious who he was cheering for this last round. And he's still jumping Tuch and Haula's legs.
Couldn't really blame him for wanting to do that. Plus, he could probably get away with pretending to be an expert out there.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Imo, i think the biggest fear from the ownership is fan indifference... and im in that camp. I dont care what happens as long as somethin happens

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
You think he has done a good job since leaving for the Athletic? I don't.
He's had a hell of a lot better stories than he did at the Strib and he's been able to be far more critical than he has in the past as well.

It's a good story and IMO the Tuch/Haula thing is to wind up the trolls for fun which is a massive success.

Reactions: Wild11MN

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Russo has been great. I’m gonna cancel my athletic sub because eventually I realized there’s only so much sports bs to see. Plus our teams all suck so why pay money to learn why they suck lol

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He's had a hell of a lot better stories than he did at the Strib and he's been able to be far more critical than he has in the past as well.

It's a good story and IMO the Tuch/Haula thing is to wind up the trolls for fun which is a massive success.
None of that interests me all that much. I want a beat writer that covers the team every day and gets the quotes, asks the questions that everyone wants to hear. Russo was probably the best beat writer that I've ever read for any sport. Russo as an analyst is nothing special IMO, and is quickly becoming exactly like his buddy Souhan.

Reactions: TaLoN

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Can't wait to delay a rebuild for 4 years...

I don't blame Russo for being more excited about Vegas. After making the playoffs for 8 seasons and regressing over the last 3, there's not much to be hopeful about. Good god, I was more excited about Vegas this season than the Wild. Our team is going nowhere without significant changes that our current owner thinks aren't necessary and he just hired a GM that will follow his direction.

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sure. No one really knows how much he did in Nashville, so why try to guess if it's a good or bad hiring for a guy who's never been a GM before. Can't wait to see what happens this summer with the roster!

Last edited:

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Updated the thread tag to "Confirmed" as Russo has updated his article on The Athletic to say that Fenton has indeed accepted the job. Nuance but figured I would clarify.

Regardless of how I feel about Fenton, I'm glad we have a new GM. I wish Fenton good luck, he's gonna need it, but he better be making some shake-up type moves or I will be dissatisfied.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad