Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
:handclap:

Good to see him succeed.

:bow:

Tough to see a kid go through something like that (family situation).

Very gracious of you (I hope you got my PM). Anyway, O'Sullivan will hopefully build on this and tear up the OHL in the 2nd half and make Minnesota look like geniuses for drafting him. They could sure use another scorer. What a snap shot he got off on Fluery! It was a fricken laser beam!!!

chicpea*

Rabid Ranger said:
Very gracious of you (I hope you got my PM). Anyway, O'Sullivan will hopefully build on this and tear up the OHL in the 2nd half and make Minnesota look like geniuses for drafting him. They could sure use another scorer. What a snap shot he got off on Fluery! It was a fricken laser beam!!!

Hehe. Ten bucks to one says that Mr.Cerise has a spot on O'sullivan this Saturday on HNIC. I think he was the one who originally drafted him. He's not one to let evidence of his 'hockey genius' go quietly unnoticed.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Odd, very odd, but I kept saying the Oilers would have been far happier with last year's draft if they would have ended up with:

Parise, O'Sullivan

over

Pouliot, McDonald, Jacques

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
It said your box was full. Anyway, I thanked you for your message, and look forward to the WJC's next year.
Thanks.

Well... we'll see.

If there's a strike... Canada may get Patrice Bergeron, Nathan Horton, etc...

Scary.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
slats432 said:
Odd, very odd, but I kept saying the Oilers would have been far happier with last year's draft if they would have ended up with:

Parise, O'Sullivan

over

Pouliot, McDonald, Jacques

Jacques is junk, but Pouliot is still good. He didnt play in the Tounry cause of injury.

Also Everyone passed on O'sullivan, not just Edmonton.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Jacques is junk, but Pouliot is still good. He didnt play in the Tounry cause of injury.

Also Everyone passed on O'sullivan, not just Edmonton.

The Isles passed on him 3 times in the second round alone.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
Thanks.

Well... we'll see.

If there's a strike... Canada may get Patrice Bergeron, Nathan Horton, etc...

Scary.

I don't think there's any doubt a Canadian team that has full NHL representation would be as close to unstoppable as one can get. If that's the case next year, LOOK OUT! On a related topic, I wonder what the U.S. team will look like next year?

Last edited:

leafaholix*

Not sure... but once again they'll contend for Gold.

Two reasons... first being that the tourny's going to be in the US... "home ice advantage"... second being Alvaro Montoya.

Marek Schwarz and Alvaro Montoya will compete for the top goaltender award next year.

chicpea*

Rabid Ranger said:
I don't think there's any doubt a Canadian team that has full NHL representation would be as close to unstoppable as one can get. If that's the case next year, LOOK OUT! On a related topic, I wonder what the U.S. team will look like next year?

That's a good question. Before the tourney, you often heard people saying not just that the US were the favourites because of talent and experience, but also that this could be their one big shot to take gold. I have wondered if they were alluding to a lack of depth beneath this current team, or not? I really am not sure what the scenario is, but just because a team is young does not mean they are to be discounted (see, Canada 03)- with the inverse also being true (see, Canada, 02).

leafaholix*

I know... but a 6'4 offensive defenseman doesn't sound that bad either.

You never know.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
ya, sullivan was definatley one pick i wish we could ahve picked up. we got pushkarev instead of sullivan, which isn't half bad, but i think we definately coudl have traded down one of our 1sts to get 2 more players, one hopefully being sullivan.

oh well, not much u can do about it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->