Patriots/NFL Pats 13-3 - AFC EAST CHAMPS - #1 SEED - Next up - A week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bad news is Cannon got put on IR. Big loss for the Pats, they need Waddle to get healthy and absolutely cannot afford any of the linemen going down the rest of the way.

They also brought back Ricky-Jean Francois for depth on the D-line

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
wow that interview with the Pitt morning host Dunlap on WEEI was brutal. Can't believe Pittsburgh actually listens to that guy. Probably the worst take I've ever heard in the history of football.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lol at the league assigning tony corrente to pats-steelers. Exactly what fans want to see, a flag fast.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Apparently, he asked for, and was granted his release from the Browns. Maybe this was a super secret part of the Collins deal? :laugh:
He may get along better with the Pats.

From Day one in Cleveland, he was the laziest sack of pus I've ever seen. The only hustle he showed was when he hustled the Browns out of nine million free dollars.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He may get along better with the Pats.

From Day one in Cleveland, he was the laziest sack of pus I've ever seen. The only hustle he showed was when he hustled the Browns out of nine million free dollars.

Yeah, not a big fan of that sort of behavior. I’m not sure I get it because he was really good last year on a bad Rams team?

He played with McCourty at Rutgers, so maybe he will keep him in line?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Yeah, not a big fan of that sort of behavior. I’m not sure I get it because he was really good last year on a bad Rams team?

It's just something about the Browns that sucks the will to live out of everyone (not named Joe Thomas) that goes there.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Went back on my DVR and created my own replay, looks like it was the right call. 66 was still engaged in a block when the pass was thrown.

"Ineligible receiver downfield. In gridiron football, ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty that is called when a forward pass is thrown and an ineligible receiver is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass."

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There RG was 5 yards downfield blocking for sure

Yeah, that's why it's not a penalty. He was blocking someone at the time the pass was thrown. If he was just standing there alone like a goober it would have been IRD.

EDIT: Which you might have been saying anyway. Sorry if you were, just clarifying for everyone.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yeah, that's why it's not a penalty. He was blocking someone at the time the pass was thrown. If he was just standing there alone like a goober it would have been IRD.

EDIT: Which you might have been saying anyway. Sorry if you were, just clarifying for everyone.

Didn't know that. I always thought lineman couldn't be downfield on a pass regardless if they were blocking or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->