Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He is seething

DQ0mg5uVwAAVRDr.jpg:large

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You can either chalk this up to their semi-annual dud in Miami and point to the lack of Gronkowski, or you can acknowledge that there are some cracks here.

The answer is likely somewhere in between.

They looked an awful lot like the 06 Patriots last night. Again, no Gronk. Frustration is setting in for Brady. The defense isn't bad, but isn't going to carry them to a SB.

Maybe they come out flying against the Steelers and this one gets forgotten.

I can see them winning the whole thing or getting stunned in the divisional round.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

It's a long story (see the Celtics thread)...

I think NE will be fine.

It looked like this was MIA's SuperBowl and the Pats never got going. Hogan looked like he's been out for 5-6 weeks and the D really missed Van Noy and T Flowers. You can only plug in so many guys before it starts to affect you.

The other thing I didn't like was McDaniel's play calling. I was disgusted at times so I was surfing a bit, but it seemed to me that NE had a number of 3rd and shorts (one yard) and Josh decides to throw deep down the field (even earlier in the game). That's fine if you are in 4 down territory, but not if you have to punt. The offense never seemed to get in rhythm, and I think if they had just gotten a few first downs earlier in the game it would have helped.

If they beat PIT next week, this game is relatively meaningless so I'm not going to get too upset. Let's hope this was just one they needed to get out of their system and it will give Hoodie a chance to lay into them this week in preparation for PIT.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
New England Patriots Postgame Transcripts 12/11

Opening Statement: "It was a good job tonight by the Dolphins, (Head) Coach (Adam) Gase, staff, their team. They did a good job tonight. They obviously did a better job than we did. We just weren’t really good enough in any area, consistent enough in any area to win the game. So, all need to do a better job and (we) weren’t able to do that. It just wasn’t good enough tonight across the board."

Q: Do you think any of the guys might have been looking ahead next week past Miami?
BB: "No. Any questions about the game?"

Q:Third down you struggled. 0-for-11?
BB: (no response)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Pats will come into next weeks game very hungry with Gronk back. Maybe not the worst thing in the world to struggle last night. Steelers are probably thinking the same thing. Take out our frustration on that Pitt D.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
yawn...typical late season stinker in Miami. they go and lay that egg every year like clockwork.

not worried about HFA, just being 1 or 2. Heinz Field may as well be Gillette Midwest

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
i think the offense rebounds next week but the defense to me is a huge concern against the steelers especially if we don't have flowers and van noy

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's a long story (see the Celtics thread)...

I think NE will be fine.

It looked like this was MIA's SuperBowl and the Pats never got going. Hogan looked like he's been out for 5-6 weeks and the D really missed Van Noy and T Flowers. You can only plug in so many guys before it starts to affect you.

The other thing I didn't like was McDaniel's play calling. I was disgusted at times so I was surfing a bit, but it seemed to me that NE had a number of 3rd and shorts (one yard) and Josh decides to throw deep down the field (even earlier in the game). That's fine if you are in 4 down territory, but not if you have to punt. The offense never seemed to get in rhythm, and I think if they had just gotten a few first downs earlier in the game it would have helped.

If they beat PIT next week, this game is relatively meaningless so I'm not going to get too upset. Let's hope this was just one they needed to get out of their system and it will give Hoodie a chance to lay into them this week in preparation for PIT.

The play calling was very poor. I cannot wait until McDaniels gets a new gig, I can't stand the guy. He overthinks things far too much.

That being said, Brady was terrible last night as well. Regardless of the play call, he did not do a good job with his progressions. The one I distinctly remember was missing an uncovered White on 3rd & 1 for what would have easily been a 5-10 yard gain and a first down, to instead try and force the ball to Cooks 7 yards down the field when he was blanketed by Howard.

Just yet another dud in Miami. We'll see how they respond next week.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Heath Evans, Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb and Eric Davis all suspended for Sexual harassment

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'm amazed he was a FA. Dude put up 1,000 yds and a handful of TDs last year with subpar (to put it kindly) QB play. May need a week or two to get the Cleveland stink off him, but he should help out with the apparent receiver issues.

Another steal for Belichick. Unreal.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Patriots signing Kenny Britt according to Scheftner

I didn't realize Britt was only 29 and coming off a 1,000 yard season with the Rams. He's getting something like $10m from the Browns and gets to go to a playoff team. Guessing it won't be for a ton of money and if he doesn't tow the line, he will be gone. On the plus side, when he wants to be, he is supposedly a pretty good WR.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm amazed he was a FA. Dude put up 1,000 yds and a handful of TDs last year with subpar (to put it kindly) QB play. May need a week or two to get the Cleveland stink off him, but he should help out with the apparent receiver issues.

Another steal for Belichick. Unreal.

Apparently, he asked for, and was granted his release from the Browns. Maybe this was a super secret part of the Collins deal? :laugh:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Ryan Shazier being out for the season, sad as it is, bodes really well for the Pats.

He was one of their only sources of speed on defense and it was pointed out several upon several times how the middle of Pitt’s defense was exposed by the Ravens without Shazier in there. Their defense is slow. Burns and Davis are still completely undisciplined on the back end. Even if they beat the Pats on Sunday it’s a stretch to think they could knock us out if the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad