Patrik Laine Part III: More Hats, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Crosby was actually diagnosed with a concussion after the first one but was also two cracks in his neck along with a concussion. They missed the neck injury which is why it took so long for him to recover. They really screwed him.

That's malpractice.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Damn, people here speculating if he's even available to continue his career. Of course he will, stronger than ever.:nod:

He will still pot 30 this season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No idea, I'd love to see him in the skills competion though

I'd love to see Ovy vs Laine but Laine should say no.

Use that extra time for training and making sure he can help the team as much as possible. He'll be a yearly All star player likely so saying No to one shouldn't be that bad.

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
No idea, I'd love to see him in the skills competion though

It would be awesome to see him in the skill competition, but at the moment because of the concussion, think it's better for him to pass the weekend and just rest.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
With that own goal + the injury, Laine has had some absolute **** luck though. Let's hope the hockey gods are done with him after this.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I really don't see this concussion keeping him out for long. Seen quite a few hockey players recovering from them over the years, and the ones that take any considerable time are usually in a dark room and not out in public. Laine is watching practice in a well lit arena, visiting tigers and spas etc. Maybe I'm just hopeful but I don't see this being much longer than a week. Of course they will prolong it for absolute certainty because he is the franchise pretty much.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really don't see this concussion keeping him out for long. Seen quite a few hockey players recovering from them over the years, and the ones that take any considerable time are usually in a dark room and not out in public. Laine is watching practice in a well lit arena, visiting tigers and spas etc. Maybe I'm just hopeful but I don't see this being much longer than a week. Of course they will prolong it for absolute certainty because he is the franchise pretty much.

He was at the game last night also, I could see him sitting in the press box. I agree, if it was REALLY bad he wouldn't be out and about at all

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
so has anyone seen a good video that shows whether or not his head bounces of the ice or not... Everything I've seen seems to show him getting ko'd on his feet and him tucking his chin pretty hard to his chest... just wondering if that could of saved his head from clanging off the ice.. which I"m assuming would of had a compounding effect.
I'm really hoping in his case its a minor bell ringing and yeah will see him back in a couple more games.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He was at the game last night also, I could see him sitting in the press box. I agree, if it was REALLY bad he wouldn't be out and about at all

That would seem like a good sign but almost impossible to tell. It's way too early to determine whether he'll suffer from any post concussion syndrome. In many cases it doesn't even appear for up to a week or more. Symptoms have a tendency to come and go at times as well. I remember when Joe Mauer suffered his last concussion, it went on for months with lots of good and bad days mixed in. He seemed ready to come back one day and the next day he'd be not even close to returning.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

i'm with you as well,it was a minor,mild concussion,not major
so recovery time is much much quick..er,1 week,1,5 tops.

Laine got hurt January 7th/8th*
8th Finland time

Jets next game is January 11th/12th* vs Habs @ Winnipeg

Next one is 2 days after that @ Glendale,Arizona,
that game might come too soon,but you never know
Laine's young body heals/recovers much quicker than 35+ player.

A full week comes in the game vs Kings @ LA,
him playing in that game seems more likely than not,
next home game is January 18th/19th* vs Coyotes,
he'll be up and about and plays in that game for sure.

Laine got lucky,Jets Schedule is much easier right now
what it was last year,and i mean last year,not last season :) .

Last edited:

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg

Don't forget about Ehlers ;)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
What's wrong with mullets?:sarcasm:

I think this would be a good look for Patrik. I think he has the confidence to really own it. :thumbu:

Bbc86i5.jpg

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
That picture leaves me with my head spinning.. am I revolted... aghast .... or mezmerized ... lost in the seemingly seamless transition from spiked 80's bad ass to straight Nelson brother's locks of glory!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->