Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
That was just speculation and when interviewed, Laine himself busted that theory.

He said that he only uses a new stick for PP to minimize the risk of breaking the stick. Same flex, same lentgh etc.

In the end it would make no sense to have a different stick for PP since it would handle differently.

Laine has a long, 87 flex stick with low kick. The same stick on ES, PP and would be on PK as well.

After the 40. goal (and maybe after other goals too) he might also want to just collect that stick, though this is just pure speculation by me.
When he came back to the bench after he scored on the power play, he also switched sticks - maybe because it was the 40 goal stick.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
stop talking silly 65 goal season. laine will do 100 goal season and gretcky will gratulate him with thunders. laine will like subscribing collect over 70-80 goal seasons. this what will follow. laine is lemieuxclass or better. must also taking up mcdavids here as many say he like something of one of the best here in League. i say if he not that much skatingcapasity he not putting even those numbers he now do. he also play like 25 min games, once i saw him play was it 31 min one game? i as hockeyprofessor not anything impressive of his statistics. laine is BIG making like one move at offensive zoun and then he open whole opponent team for passing or letting Canon go and so on. L A I N E . I S . M O N E M U M T A L . P L A Y E R
. mark and collect this woerds !

avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited by a moderator:

StPatrik

Apr 13, 2016
But does he always switch after? Never noticed before. Maybe after was just cause it was 40...

Well, maybe he changes because he just had a heavy one timer with that stick. There’s so much force in those Laine slappers that even one makes the stick more likely to break the next time.

Reactions: Ippenator

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is what I have been expecting and talking about. Laine is picking corners and near post slots which warrants relatively high amount of near misses as opposed to hitting the logo. AFAIK he also has the highest count of hitting posts, was 12 posts few games ago and those posts also do not count against SH% as they are missing the net.

Official NHL stats say 10 posts and 1 cross bar (not the most accurate stat in the database)

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:
Reactions: Halberdier

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This is different

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Kronole for the Goalpiercer? :laugh:

Status