Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Night, Saturday 2/24/18 vs. NYI

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Obviously we all love Marty but I still do think the way that he ended his career left fans with a little disappointment.

The fact that Elias ended his career in the picture perfect way that we all imagined will make this one extra special and emotional.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Will definitely plan on making this game

The Marty retirement was great so I wouldn't want to miss Patty's

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Obviously we all love Marty but I still do think the way that he ended his career left fans with a little disappointment.

The fact that Elias ended his career in the picture perfect way that we all imagined will make this one extra special and emotional.

I cherish being able to say that I saw Patty's last goal ever in person, at home, with 15 seconds left in a 5-1 win. The Rock ****ing roared damn near as loud as it has since 2012, too. Amazing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I cherish being able to say that I saw Patty's last goal ever in person, at home, with 15 seconds left in a 5-1 win. The Rock ****ing roared damn near as loud as it has since 2012, too. Amazing.

That moment was the reason I'm really glad he didn't play in the last home game from last season for no reason. It would have never matched it.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

I remember being there for that one too, good times

I usually go to the closers but don't think I will this coming season, will continue attending the openers each season though

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Marty's retirement night was exciting and fun to be at. But Patty's? For me it will be emotional. My favorite Devil, EVER.

plOYsZg.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not trying to ignite a pissing war over two guys on franchise Mt. Rushmore, but Patty had considerably more charisma than Marty who was kind of bland in terms of personality. I think that endeared him to fans a lot more even though Marty had unquestionably the better career.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm not trying to ignite a pissing war over two guys on franchise Mt. Rushmore, but Patty had considerably more charisma than Marty who was kind of bland in terms of personality. I think that endeared him to fans a lot more even though Marty had unquestionably the better career.

Marty was much more personable and happy go lucky earlier in his career.

IMO, he changed once the Cory trade went down.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
Marty was much more personable and happy go lucky earlier in his career.

IMO, he changed once the Cory trade went down.

well understandably so, it was his team for how long? and then all of a sudden they go and bring in your replacement which you recognize and they don't even tell you that they are doing it.. I think anyone would be a little sour over that.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

I agree with this 1,000%.

Patrik was a consummate professional both on and off the ice and has returned the favor to the people of New Jersey ten-fold.

God, his speech is gonna be a riot.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Patty had considerably more charisma than Marty who was kind of bland in terms of personality.

Huh? I could not possibly disagree with this statement more.

Elias while a nice guy, is a bit of an introvert and shy in person.

Brodeur, while a nice guy, is outgoing and a ham in person.

gomek

Jul 10, 2007
Ticket prices were a little too out of control when I checked. It's really weird as I had no problem getting tickets for all the other retirement games.

vikash1987

Mar 7, 2004
New York
Of course it falls on the 5 year anniversary with the girlfriend...my favorite Devil...don't know if I'll be able to see this one

Get two tickets and go with the girlfriend as a date night....it'll be romantic!

(Unless you paint your face and go berserk, a la Puddy in Seinfeld)

;)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thnk Brian Gionta is the only player remaining in the league from our last cup team :(

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thnk Brian Gionta is the only player remaining in the league from our last cup team :(

And I'm starting to think his career might be over too.

Or maybe he's a very late signing or PTO, but usually when it's August 3rd and a player is unsigned, they usually aren't signed at all or are a PTO.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ticket prices were a little too out of control when I checked. It's really weird as I had no problem getting tickets for all the other retirement games.

Keep in mind they're not officially offered for sale yet, so the supply on sale currently is quite high and is likely not truly representative of what the ticket prices will settle in at.

Though I'm sure the Devils ticketing staff wont tell you that. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->