Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Night, Saturday 2/24/18 vs. NYI

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Saturday night doubly-guarantees a packed house (think no-empty-seats-whatsoever-packed) and I bet this keeps a division rival's fan base from getting their hands on tickets.

I just don't think these should be done against the local teams. Saturday March 24th against Tampa Bay would have been a better choice to me if they wanted to stick with a Saturday.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
rclkUmF.png

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about.

Do people really care about the Isles? That's a non packed house without a Patty night.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Made a little bet with myself before opening this thread about whether someone would complain about some aspect of this - got it in three.

Maybe someone who has limited availability and wants to speak at Elias night can only make it this night.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A lot of Islanders fans do show up

Not really. And I'm sure they would rather schedule it on a weekday but with Patty going back to the Czech Republic for a while a Saturday was probably more convenient for his family.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Made a little bet with myself before opening this thread about whether someone would complain about some aspect of this - got it in three.

Maybe someone who has limited availability and wants to speak at Elias night can only make it this night.

I think it's a fair complaint and not just a complaint for the sake of complaining though. Unless they absolutely had to do this night there's no sense in having your own teams fans have to compete any local fans for tickets when these go on sale.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not really. And I'm sure they would rather schedule it on a weekday but with Patty going back to the Czech Republic for a while a Saturday was probably more convenient for his family.

There have plenty the past few seasons. It's not the same amount as the Rangers but it's enough to the point where you can clearly hear the yes chant they do after they score.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
awesome, wish i could be there. very well-deserved, and likely the last number retirement for a loooong time

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
"Compete" is not the word I would use when a Saturday night all-but-guarantees every season ticket holder will be in attendance and will also have access to a presale for extras.

Yeah they're not spending $200+ for tickets on a Saturday night. Ranger fans, that'd be another story since they're used to those prices :sarcasm:

Like you said that's the upside, you reduce the # of Islander fans there from 15-20% to practically zero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad