Pre-Game Talk: Patrik Elias Appreciation Thread

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
cut.png

#26 is going into the rafter on 02/24/2018. Come here and spend the lead up months discussing the greatness that is Elias.

Also use this to share information about he game itself and ticket information etc. similar to what we did with Marty night.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone remember January 2006? We had a horrid first 3 months of the season while Patty was recovering from his illness. Comes back early January and just goes on an absolute tear leading us to 9 straight wins I believe. I'll never forget his game against Montreal scoring 2 goals.

Legend.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone remember January 2006? We had a horrid first 3 months of the season while Patty was recovering from his illness. Comes back early January and just goes on an absolute tear leading us to 8 straight wins I believe. I'll never forget his first game back against Montreal scoring 2 goals.

Legend.
Yes

That was the turning point of the season, I think it was the first game of the 2006 calendar year. It was also Marty's first shutout of that season, after he had played a bit shaky the first 3 months. Both Marty and Patty were in god mode pretty much from then through the Rangers series.

Reactions: Palpatine

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yes

That was the turning point of the season, I think it was the first game of the 2006 calendar year. It was also Marty's first shutout of that season, after he had played a bit shaky the first 3 months. Both Marty and Patty were in god mode pretty much from then through the Rangers series.
I've said this before and I'll say it again... how the HELL do you remember all this!?!?!?! :confused:

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've said this before and I'll say it again... how the HELL do you remember all this!?!?!?! :confused:
It was ONLY 11 years ago! Haha. Well, close to 12 in January? After looking at the game log, Patty's first game that season and the Marty shutout came against the Panthers. The Montreal game where Patty scored the two goals was the very next game.

As I've said before, I still think I have an un-diagnosed case of some sort of high-functioning autism. I fit many of the symptoms. My friend has been diagnosed with it and has an even better memory of these things than I do, though he's almost 7 years younger. So when we get together, we'll discuss things that you'd need to have a time machine to go directly back to, just in order to remember things so vividly or even at all.

As I get older, I do find some of the 90's and even early 00's memories slipping away. Some of them completely, some of them come back when reminded of them by him or someone else.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
As I get older, I do find some of the 90's and even early 00's memories slipping away. Some of them completely, some of them come back when reminded of them by him or someone else.
At this point, my oldest childhood memory is from when I was like... 26.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At this point, my oldest childhood memory is from when I was like... 26.
I remember 26 like it was a few months ago, but it's starting to become more vague.:D

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
A forward among defenders. Just goes to show you how much he meant to this organization. My eyes will be watery February 24

Jim The Cactus

Oct 10, 2017
I became a fan of the NHL and the Devils in 2014-15, and my first Devils win I saw live was because Elias had a sick move on a Hab goaltender in the shootout. Even in his old age, he had a knack to be dirt nasty. I also remember his unreal spin-o-rama against Tampa Bay that season. One time I ordered pizza while watching a game, and the pizza guy saw me come up to the door in my Devils jersey, and he showed me a sweet angle of that spin-o-rama from where he sat at the game live.

I wish I could have been a fan earlier in life so I could see more of the Devils, especially the glory day Cup winning ones, but we got some really good players to look forward to!

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
i was working at a restaurant, greeting people for the day, when i see patty walking towards me with his gf. i motioned him in and he asked if we had salad. i said yup and he came in. left the greeting job to wait on him and he couldnt have been nicer. im not one to get starstruck and i dont think ive been nervous around a public figure since him. at the end of the meal he tipped well and thanked me. as im getting ready to walk away his gf went into her purse, grabbed a photo of him, a pen, and elbowed him to sign. it was really cool. they were super nice people and oh my she was a looker.

aside from that he dominated on the ice and im just glad i was able to see him play.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He was always a favorite. Sorry age caught up to him. Will always remember. Great to see him the other night. Looking forward to the 24th. I kinda hoped he would get a job with the Devils after his playing days were over, still hoping.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was always a favorite. Sorry age caught up to him. Will always remember. Great to see him the other night. Looking forward to the 24th. I kinda hoped he would get a job with the Devils after his playing days were over, still hoping.
There may bs one on the table for him. He just seems like he’s been back and forth between the states and the Czech.

Reactions: Maine Fan

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
don’t really have anything to add that i’m sure wasn’t said already. one of the best players to ever suit up for us, talent and personality wise. i’ll be pissed if he isn’t inducted into the HHOF within the next 10-15 years. I’d love for him to get the brylin treatment, eased into some minor coaching duties if and when he wants it. thanks patty- can't wait to see #26 hanging from the rafters next year

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ya, every once in a while I read your name wrong and for just a split second, I think "TROLL!!!" o_O
Haha. I never thought troll, but I did think it was in regards to Sean Avery haha. Like ''Avery, be quiet man, or I'll punch the shit out of you!''.:laugh:

Reactions: glenwo2 and Nubmer6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->