Patrik Berglund

Bryzga lol*

This is definetly the player I want Montreal to pick. But there's been good comments about him lately, so I expect him to go higher than #16.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I stood right beside him at the draft and he is a tooth pick. Looked to have a very small frame - sparrow like - although he is fairly tall. Hard to see how he adds much size with such a small frame. Also reports have him has lacking a good first step. I think the guy got over-hyped going into the draft.. that said there wasn't much in the draft after middle of first round.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
I stood right beside him at the draft and he is a tooth pick. Looked to have a very small frame - sparrow like - although he is fairly tall. Hard to see how he adds much size with such a small frame. Also reports have him has lacking a good first step. I think the guy got over-hyped going into the draft.. that said there wasn't much in the draft after middle of first round.

Great analyzises from someone who obviously haven´t seen the kid play. Way to go.... All that by just seeing him at the draft...WOW
:bow:

2ForRoughing*

huh... interesting. I guess the forecaster.ca analysis of him didn't see what you claim: " If Nicklas Backstrom is the top-rated Swede available for selection in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, then Berglund is No. 2 with a bullet... owns an outstanding frame and projects to weigh well over 200 pounds when he fills out... split the 2005-06 campaign between the Swedish junior elite league and the Allsvenskan (second division) as a member of the Vasteras IK program... displays both supreme goal-scoring ability and playmaking potential... led Sweden with four goals in six games at the 2006 World U-18 tournament on home soil... should spend most of 2006-07 in the Allsvenskan..."

koko27

Aug 12, 2005
Montreal
what's the potential of Berglund ?

What kind of player he is ?
What kind of numbers he will get in the nhl?
When will he makes the Blues team ?

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
What kind of player he is ?
What kind of numbers he will get in the nhl?
When will he makes the Blues team ?

He's just an all-round player. With no glaring flaws in his game.

maybe 40-60 points.

2008-2009 season sounds reasonable.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't think Berglund is realistically in the Blues plans until '09-'10. 2 more years in Sweden, 1 year in AHL....similar path to Blues other big Swedish centerman, Carl Soderberg.

Similar expectations to Soderberg as well...potential 1st line center. If Berglund only produced 40-60 points, I think the Blues would be disappointed....he's not a 100 point guy, but should likely be a 60-80 point guy in his prime.....just not in '09-'10.....

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I don't think Berglund is realistically in the Blues plans until '09-'10. 2 more years in Sweden, 1 year in AHL....similar path to Blues other big Swedish centerman, Carl Soderberg.

Similar expectations to Soderberg as well...potential 1st line center. If Berglund only produced 40-60 points, I think the Blues would be disappointed....he's not a 100 point guy, but should likely be a 60-80 point guy in his prime.....just not in '09-'10.....

i think you are overrating him a bit. he is a first line potential player but you cant know about these things. i think he will make the team in about four years and then become a second line center. and i dont think he will ever put up big numbers or be a big star in the league.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
i think you are overrating him a bit. he is a first line potential player but you cant know about these things. i think he will make the team in about four years and then become a second line center. and i dont think he will ever put up big numbers or be a big star in the league.

i dunno...2nd line guys...in their prime (what is that, a 3 year period?)....could hit 65, 75 points....I don't think he'll periennially be a point per game guy...but if he reaches his potential (big if) he might hit 70 or 80 a couple of seasons....I think he's got more than 40-60 point potential.....and when i said the Blues would be disappointed with that, I was looking more at the 40 point side than the 60 point side. Heck, if the Blues got another Petr Cajanek on their hands with this late 1st, i think they'd be disappointed....I think after the first 2 years in the league, he could/should put up 60 year-in, year-out.

...or then again, he may never see an NHL paycheck...who knows.:dunno:

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO

now imagine if the Wings had managed to draft him like they'd planned, I think you'd be singing a different tune about his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad