Patrick Sharp farewell thread

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I had a feeling last night when I made up that GDT. And there was several more signs that this was it for him during the game.

I hope he returns next season in a Burish-like TV role. Sharp was fine as a #12 this year, but let's be honest, he was a liability for a lot of this season. If he signs somewhere else, I have a feeling he'll be waived and sent to the AHL mid-season (like we did for Bouma and Franson this season). Just go out on as big of a high as you can get at this point Sharpie.

Besides, don't you wanna play with Burish and Campbell in the Blackhawks Alumni game at Notre Dame?

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Love ya Sharpie. You were a big part of the 3 cups. Thank you for the memories.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I had a feeling last night when I made up that GDT. And there was several more signs that this was it for him during the game.

I hope he returns next season in a Burish-like TV role. Sharp was fine as a #12 this year, but let's be honest, he was a liability for a lot of this season. If he signs somewhere else, I have a feeling he'll be waived and sent to the AHL mid-season (like we did for Bouma and Franson this season). Just go out on as big of a high as you can get at this point Sharpie.

Besides, don't you wanna play with Burish and Campbell in the Blackhawks Alumni game at Notre Dame?

Better idea

Fire Konroyd and hire Sharp

Reactions: Krivo25

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
"Chicago is home"

Dammit Sharpie, knew you were always one of the good ones. Now why do I smell onions?

Last edited:
Reactions: G0AT

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
One of my favorite Hawks ever. Even when I knew he was on the downswing, I was excited he was back here. Sad day man.. thanks for being a big part of the 3 cups Sharpie, being a leader for our organization and doing it with class. Could've been announced this, but waited till the very end.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My one and only Hawks jersey. Congrats on a great career and thanks for everything Sharpie

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Bye Sharpie!

One my all time favourites.

When Sharp was doomed to be traded in 2015, one night I got absolutely plastered and started crying about the envitable trade while watching highlights.
What a great night. need to let those emotions go, ya know?

My ex was so confused ‍♀️

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Like I said above before he made his post game comments, I really hope he gets to work with Burish. Specifically, and I've mentioned this numerous times over the last year, an hour long weekly show where he and Burish prank Toews and Kane and do whatever the hell they want for the rest of the episode. Call it the "Sharpish Hour of Amazing Television" and promote me to executive producer.

Slight sarcasm aside, he meant so much to us. He's probably not going to be reading this, but thanks for everything Sharpie. Now after tomorrow night, go and enjoy retirement as a living god to the inhabitants of Chicago.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
My computer wallpaper for almost 10 years has been the picture of Sharp/Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook standing for the anthem. Tough to believe that era is starting to come to an end.

+1 cross-ice pass PP goal

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
d6a816b31c8e553cdfc7caf9ec396f87--patrick-sharp-patrick-kane.jpg

You will always be apart of the core when we look back, 15-20 years in the future.

Best of luck Sharpie!

Reactions: AmericanDream

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
d6a816b31c8e553cdfc7caf9ec396f87--patrick-sharp-patrick-kane.jpg

You will always be apart of the core when we look back, 15-20 years in the future.

Best of luck Sharpie!
LOL. Different meaning than you intended.;)

One of the things that made the young Hawks was the bonding on the circus trip, with those great pranks. The videos were hilarious, and Sharpie was always in the middle of it.

Stanley was asked the question by Konroyd about the lack of apparent bonding on this team, perhaps caused by no long circus road trip this year. An interesting thought and question. Who are the pranksters on this team. Who keeps them loose, breaks the tension? Who’s the next Sharp?

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
LOL. Different meaning than you intended.;)

One of the things that made the young Hawks was the bonding on the circus trip, with those great pranks. The videos were hilarious, and Sharpie was always in the middle of it.

Stanley was asked the question by Konroyd about the lack of apparent bonding on this team, perhaps caused by no long circus road trip this year. An interesting thought and question. Who are the pranksters on this team. Who keeps them loose, breaks the tension? Who’s the next Sharp?

Yeah, I saw that. Talk about your lame excuses. How many other teams have a "circus trip" every year? And yet, someone managed to win a cup every year the "circus tripping" Hawks didn't. Someone even won it last year.

Anyway, congrats to Sharp on his stellar career. I'm sure we'll be seeing him around.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for the memories Sharpie! Looking forward to seeing/hearing you in the booth.

Best Sharp play ever...

Reactions: BrianE

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Traded to Chicago by Philadelphia with Eric Meloche for Matt Ellison and Chicago's 3rd round pick (later traded to Montreal - Montreal selected Ryan White) in 2006 NHL Draft.

Patrick Sharp stats with Hawks
748 GP
249 G
283 A
532 pts

In playoffs
117 GP
42 G
38 A
80 pts

In 2010 finals vs Flyers he had 4 goals + 2 assists

Matt Ellison stats with Flyers
7 GP
1 A
1 pt

One of the greatest trades in Hawks history honestly

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Traded to Chicago by Philadelphia with Eric Meloche for Matt Ellison and Chicago's 3rd round pick (later traded to Montreal - Montreal selected Ryan White) in 2006 NHL Draft.

Patrick Sharp stats with Hawks
748 GP
249 G
283 A
532 pts

In playoffs
117 GP
42 G
38 A
80 pts

In 2010 finals vs Flyers he had 4 goals + 2 assists

Matt Ellison stats with Flyers
7 GP
1 A
1 pt

One of the greatest trades in Hawks history honestly

Wow what a steal. Who made this deal? Smith?

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Goodbye Sharpie. He was a key part of all those Cup runs. Will always haventhe memories and wish you the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad