Patrick O'Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
I have a few questions about him. If you could compare his game to an NHL player who would it be? Style? What's this kids potential? Can he score 30-35 goals in the NHL? How sure are you that he will not be a bust?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
he's your best prospect, forget kopitar.

90 pt ability in his prime.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Yeah I'd probably take O'Sullivan over Kopitar right now, but in 5 years that could be completely different. I think O'Sullivan has the potential to be a PPG type player. I haven't seen him enough to compare his style to an NHLer though.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Chrisd said:
he's your best prospect, forget kopitar.

90 pt ability in his prime.
Maybe. I think O'Sullivan has a better chance of making it but Kopitar has a higher ceiling. I guess we will find out next season. :handclap:

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
LeftKinger said:
I have a few questions about him. If you could compare his game to an NHL player who would it be? Style? What's this kids potential? Can he score 30-35 goals in the NHL? How sure are you that he will not be a bust?
40+ goals last year in the AHL as a rookie screams it into my ears and shows it on a sign right in front of me...... :)

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
I been spouting about Sully ever since the '03 when he wasn't drafted in the top ten. BIG mistake by a lot of teams.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Patrick O'Sullivan = American Ilya Kovalchuck.... without a word of a lie.

This guy is SICK. LA got a steal in this trade, beleive me.

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
He comes up big in big games and is a leader. His biggest adaptation for the AHL was learning not to shoot harder but to release it quicker. He's also has a strong character. His Dad sounds like an unreal, abusive nightmare of an @rseh0le. In his draft year, he disowned his father. He dealt with the fall-out of this huge change in his personal life, and at the age of 18 nonetheless, and still carried Mississauga on his back all season. He sounds awfully mature. This is also the year he led Team USA to the World Juniors gold medal.

I'm pissed we lost him, but if Gaborik signs a long-term deal by October, it'll minimize the pain. If we make the playoffs, I'll even better. I think the Kings may have a PPG player. I'm hoping he'll never reach his potential ... but that's just sour grapes ... he probably will.

The Big E

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Had it not been for his father he would have been a top 10 pick in 2003 and his name would be far more prominent. Calder favorite along with Malkin IMHO

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Had it not been for his father he would have been a top 10 pick in 2003 and his name would be far more prominent. Calder favorite along with Malkin IMHO

Now that he's with L.A yes. With Minny he probably would have only gotten about 15 goals in his rookie year imo.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'm still upset the Canes passed on maybe the only North Carolina native capable of playin in the NHL. Definatly seemed like a father issue.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
For a comparison, names that come to my mind are Palffy, Tanguay, Zetterberg and possibly Havlat too a lesser extent. Reminds me mostly of Zetterberg IMO.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Famous Flames said:
Kovalchuck?? Don't see it.

I'd say maybe Ziggy Palffy -- a name you'd recognize.

Like Kovy in the sense that O'Sullivan blistering speed and can make highlight reel moves at high speeds. Obviously, he isn't quite at a Kovalchuck level (who is?)... but he's a damn close, IMO.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Andrew_11 said:
For a comparison, names that come to my mind are Palffy, Tanguay, Zetterberg and possibly Havlat too a lesser extent. Reminds me mostly of Zetterberg IMO.

I think he's more of a goal-scorer than those guys though.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
he has posted impressive numbers, but i'm still in the dark about his so-called attitude problems. i've heard some good and some bad.

definitely has a good shot at becoming a star, but again, we will not know for a few years. IMO.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
His additude problems are non-existent.

Before he was drafted it was said he had family issues. The issues turned out to be an abusive father. At times his father's behavior effected Patrick's playing.

The fact that O'Sullivan stood up to his father shows immense character. Since his father was put out of the picture there's been absolutely no discussion of O'Sullivan having attitude problems or being a difficult team member.

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
Mackattack said:
Like Kovy in the sense that O'Sullivan blistering speed and can make highlight reel moves at high speeds. Obviously, he isn't quite at a Kovalchuck level (who is?)... but he's a damn close, IMO.

Ok. I see what you are saying. Maybe Modano then in that sense.

Hard for me to visualize because Kovy is a really big guy and Sully, not so much.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
O'Sullivan is a fabulous character guy. He also is one of the few OHL players in the past few years that scared the crap out of me every time he was on the ice, regardless of who his linemates were. He's that good. LA stole him, plain and simple.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
n0rea11y said:
I'm still upset the Canes passed on maybe the only North Carolina native capable of playin in the NHL. Definatly seemed like a father issue.

if he didnt sign with minnesota last year, the canes would have taken him 3rd overall, because he would have been eligible to reenter.

I heard this somewhere.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I would probably compare him to Richards. He is elite talent. He and Kopitar will do good things for you. If you can turn Kopitar in to a RWer, a Frolov - Sully - Kopitar line will to SUCK to play against. :bow:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
DeuceUNO said:
if he didnt sign with minnesota last year, the canes would have taken him 3rd overall, because he would have been eligible to reenter.

I heard this somewhere.

I find that tough to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad