Patrick O'Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
This kid is crazy good.

Hes 5th in the AHL in scoring as a rookie with 72 points and 39 of those goals.
I the aeros last game he gets a hat trick and an assists. thats like his 4th hat trick of the season.

Who would you guys compare O'Sullivan to.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
WILDTATE10 said:
This kid is crazy good.

Hes 5th in the AHL in scoring as a rookie with 72 points and 39 of those goals.
I the aeros last game he gets a hat trick and an assists. thats like his 4th hat trick of the season.

Who would you guys compare O'Sullivan to.

I don't get into comparisons but....this kid has CRAZY offensive talent.. he's getting like 5-8 shots per game in the past month or two....

He started off slow this AHL season, wasn't put on the aeros big line with westrum and law ( plays some PP with them) and still scores a ton. I think he's at 72 pts now, 5th in the league, 1st in rookies, and scored in like 95% of the aeros games in the past 2 months.

He's a legit 1st line weapon, if the wild get a center btwn gaborik and O'sullivan ....that line will be up there with the top lines in hockey... ( i mean a top notch center type ala jokinen ). O'sullivans shot is just scary.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
With Bouchard, Voloshenko, O'sullivan, Pouliot and Gaborik the Wild gotta ditch Lemaire...he is just not going to maximize this team's potential, which is to be an offensive powerhouse.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
NashisCash said:
With Bouchard, Voloshenko, O'sullivan, Pouliot and Gaborik the Wild gotta ditch Lemaire...he is just not going to maximize this team's potential, which is to be an offensive powerhouse.

but he will give them a well rounded game, maximize their efforts, and make them competitive game in & game out. I do think that once they have all matured into very good players like they should and Lemaire has had time to make them all defensively sound to match their offensive games then they should switch coaches, but not for another few years

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
TeamSeals said:
but he will give them a well rounded game, maximize their efforts, and make them competitive game in & game out. I do think that once they have all matured into very good players like they should and Lemaire has had time to make them all defensively sound to match their offensive games then they should switch coaches, but not for another few years

Pretty much agree, although I think Lemaire should go sooner. This team is just a few scorers short of a pretty good team. Gaborik is really turning it on! Man he can fly!! Bouchard, Rolston, few studs from AHL, scorer or two obtained in trades, etc. Starting next yr I'd really like to see them focus more on offense.
:yo: :yo:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
NashisCash said:

Add Koivu to that list as well.

Bouchard
Voloshenko
O'Sullivan
Pouliot
Gaborik
Koivu

nice :handclap:

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
Ugh. I wish like hell the Stars had drafted O'Sullivan when they had the chance. We really, really need a center prospect like that. Probably Armstrong's biggest drafting error.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I don't know who O'Sullivan compares to, never having seen him play, but looking at the numbers I'd say he's the Wild's best offensive prospect ever, alongside Gaborik.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
I dunno what he plays in Houston, but I'm sure he will be a wing on the Wild because he brings too much offense to the table to be held down at the center postion, same reason Rolston plays wing and not center

TeNeIghtY

Mar 25, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Patty has been playing wing all season long

Hope he'll get his chance with Gaborik on the big club by the end of the season

5h in points in the A
2nd in goals
1st among rookies in goals and pts
WOW

Patrick Marleau could be a good comparaison

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
He's been on the wing most of the season - and it doesn't seem to matter which wing, either. But since he moved up to the top power play unit, he's been centering on the PP, between Voloshenko and Law, and Westrum has been on the point. Rem Murray/Westrum had taken most of the faceoffs. But now with Murray gone, O'Sullivan will be doing that more. He's pretty damn good at those, too. Although, I think he's a bit out of practice.

As far as who he resembles. I think he looks a lot like Ales Hemsky - except Sully is a better finisher.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Famous Flames said:
Ugh. I wish like hell the Stars had drafted O'Sullivan when they had the chance. We really, really need a center prospect like that. Probably Armstrong's biggest drafting error.
I have never been more disappointed about passing on a prospect. O'Sullivan was THE guy I wanted the stars to draft but knew they had no chance of getting him. Then to pass on the guy..ugh. Dont get me wrong I like what Eriksson and Polak are doing, but come on we had the 54th pick (two before he was taken) and took B.J. Crombeen. :madfire:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MePutPuckInNet said:
He's been on the wing most of the season - and it doesn't seem to matter which wing, either. But since he moved up to the top power play unit, he's been centering on the PP, between Voloshenko and Law, and Westrum has been on the point. Rem Murray/Westrum had taken most of the faceoffs. But now with Murray gone, O'Sullivan will be doing that more. He's pretty damn good at those, too. Although, I think he's a bit out of practice.

As far as who he resembles. I think he looks a lot like Ales Hemsky - except Sully is a better finisher.

As a fan of American hockey, I'm excited about having an elite forward in the system.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
I think a line of O'Sullivan-Walz-Gaborik would be magical

and I know some people might say that line needs a better center but honestly Gaborik plays really well with Walz and they always seem to get 2-1 and breakaways for each other

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
that would be a crackling good line, TeamSeals - problem is, it would be a 'Jacques Lemaire - heartattack' waiting to happen. He'd never survive that kind of offensive output.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
DeuceUNO said:
he would be with the big club since the beginning if goddamn Riley Emmerson didnt fall on him :banghead:

O'Surly for the 06 Calder

At least it was Emmerson, the twig then Boogaard the massive enforcer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad