Speculation: Patrick Marleau turned down higher offers during UFA because he wanted to play for Babcock

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Z3dE1m1.png

This is from his wife on Twitter. As far as I think we all knew, it was between the Sharks and Leafs, and he went with the Leafs for more money. However apparently there were more offers for more money. I wonder which teams they were, and what the offers might have been.

Any speculation?
I heard the Oilers and Flames were in on him...and I believe the Oilers offered 2 yrs @ 7M and Flames offered 3 @7M..and neither team wanted to fork up the extra year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's the fact that they're using "social justice" as a crutch for hypocritical, self righteous sanctimony and virtue signaling while having zero self awareness. They get to define what "social justice" (an extremely nebulous term open to any type of interpretation imaginable) is and everyone has to agree or be hounded to the ends of the earth as a racist/sexist/whateverist should their beliefs not align with those of SJWs. Do you think the poster hounding Patrick Marleau about his income realizes that they themselves in the 1% and make more than 99% of people in the world and they could easily give 90% of it away because it's the right thing to do? Does accusing others of being Trump supporters (as if that's a bad thing) while casually dropping "she looks like the type who married for money" not strike you as utterly repulsive sexism and lack of self awareness?

This is just deflection responses though. If we're talking about the term social justice, that's something that if you defined the word would probably be something that you'd want your society to strive for and celebrate when achieved. If we pointed out the hypocrisies of others and then smeared and killed their causes or ideals because of it, we'd have no causes or ideals because everyone's a hypocrite on some level or another regardless of ideology. It's just perverting the language to smear those you're associating with the term rather than an actual reflection of the term and what it means.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
This is just deflection responses though. If we're talking about the term social justice, that's something that if you defined the word would probably be something that you'd want your society to strive for and celebrate when achieved. If we pointed out the hypocrisies of others and then smeared and killed their causes or ideals because of it, we'd have no causes or ideals because everyone's a hypocrite on some level or another regardless of ideology. It's just perverting the language to smear those you're associating with the term rather than an actual reflection of the term and what it means.

If people are hypocrites in regards to their own ideology that they militantly push on others than what is that ideology other than self serving exploitation? Communism as defined is a noble cause that one could see society striving for and celebrating (as many have and many still do), yet the actual real world ramifications are completely different than the ideal.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
He liked Trump so much he moved to Canada lol. But definitely surprised there were higher offers than what the Leafs gave him

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
As a long-time Sharks fan, I agree with you. People who continue to comment on his age must not watch him play. He doesn't miss games and he still has elite speed. But age is an issue....why?
This thread is full of people who just wanna laugh at the contract. Watch the man play. You wouldnt know his age the way he skates. He's on pace for another quiet 25-30 goal campaign playing with a struggling Kadri and a terrible player in Komarov. If you really think age is a factor, you simply dont know what the hell you're talking about.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If people are hypocrites in regards to their own ideology that they militantly push on others than what is that ideology other than self serving exploitation? Communism as defined is a noble cause that one could see society striving for and celebrating (as many have and many still do), yet the actual real world ramifications are completely different than the ideal.

Welcome to politics in 2018. People are hypocrites and are loud which also includes complete misunderstanding of terms.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well apparently someone offfered more for Clarkson too. So nothing would shock me. Still think it's a ridiculous contract but GMs never seem to learn.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Z3dE1m1.png

This is from his wife on Twitter. As far as I think we all knew, it was between the Sharks and Leafs, and he went with the Leafs for more money. However apparently there were more offers for more money. I wonder which teams they were, and what the offers might have been.

Any speculation?

Poor Chris Chelios.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->