Patrick Kane nets 50 in 47!

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
Kane making a STRONG STRONG case to be number 1 pick in this june draft. Also he's got pretty amazing playmaker playing with him in kostitsyn and Gagner

IMO he is too small for that staus. His play and ability say yes, but I feel the GM's will relegate him to a mid to late 1st round. As much as I would love for him to fall to NYR, after the Jessiman fiasco we could't take that shot. NYR need a sure fire pivot in 1st round.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
IMO he is too small for that staus. His play and ability say yes, but I feel the GM's will relegate him to a mid to late 1st round. As much as I would love for him to fall to NYR, after the Jessiman fiasco we could't take that shot. NYR need a sure fire pivot in 1st round.

Zero chance he lasts that long.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

Mid to late???? hes the favorite to be 1st overall, theres a 95% chance hes in the top 5, and its guranteed he goes in the top 10. theres no shot in the world he falls outside the top 10.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

Small forwards are doing very well in the new NHL. Look at Daniel Briere, Martin St. Louis, Paul Kariya, Ray Whitney, and Marc Savard. I think Kane's offensive talent is impressive enough so that it would not shock me at all if he went #1 overall. Unless some team finds some sort of psychological problem with him, it would shock me if he dropped out of the top 5.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
On the other hand, wasn't Schremp supposed to go in the top 5?

I'm not trying to compare the two (Kane >> Schremp in my opinion), just pointing out that NHL GM's/Scouts sometimes have a heard mentality and if the perception of someone turns suddenly, they can plummet.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure Kane goes in the top three.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

So not only do you believe he will go outside the top 10 if he did you dont think the Rangers would take him.:amazed:

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
I can easily see the Blues taking Kane in the top 5 if they're still there. The last time I checked a goal scored by a guy 6'0 and above counted the same as one scored by a guy 5'10. If two prospects are equal I can see size being a concern, but no other prospect has his hands and vision except maybe Cherepanov, but I haven't seen him play.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
PM Bouchard went #8 in a year where top-end talent was probably better then this year. I can't see Kane going higher then Bouchard in a year where top-end talent is a bit lower...

First of all, your comparison is backwards. If the top end talent in 2002 was better, then if Kane is comparable to Bouchard he would go higher.

Second of all, that's not a very fair way to judge it. So you could say that because Upshall went 6th overall that same year there is no way Kane goes lower than 6th because he is much better than Upshall.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
I can't compare Bouchard and Upshall in term of playing style but I can compare Bouchard and Kane in term of skill, size and speed. Both players are very similar but Kane will be better.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm 100% sure he'll go from 1st overall to 8th overall, not higher...I would put money on it.;)

First of all, your comparison is backwards. If the top end talent in 2002 was better, then if Kane is comparable to Bouchard he would go higher.

Second of all, that's not a very fair way to judge it. So you could say that because Upshall went 6th overall that same year there is no way Kane goes lower than 6th because he is much better than Upshall.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I can't compare Bouchard and Upshall in term of playing style but I can compare Bouchard and Kane in term of skill, size and speed. Both players are very similar but Kane will be better.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm 100% sure he'll go from 1st overall to 8th overall, not higher...I would put money on it.;)

Wait, so when you say "higher" you mean higher in number not higher in the draft? Typically when you refer to going higher in the draft you mean he will go earlier. So you mean you think there is no way Kane goes any worse than 8th?

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, right. Sorry, that was my mistake.

Wait, so when you say "higher" you mean higher in number not higher in the draft? Typically when you refer to going higher in the draft you mean he will go earlier. So you mean you think there is no way Kane goes any worse than 8th?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kane has amazing skills with the puck...no doubt...

He could very werll go#1...

BUT:

He is not a complete hockey player--team that drafts him will have to live with his defensive liabilities ( poor back-checker--not because he's lazy--but when an oposing player gets a step on him,he really doesn't have straight line closing speed to recover --also he can't out muscle guys for the puck--so if he doesn't use his quick stick to steal the puck back right away froman opponent starting to transition away into the London zone,Kane becomes useless on the back-check after the guy gets by him)....with London at the OHL level this "flaw" is protected because London has the puck so much in the opponents own end most of the time when the "stacked" talent line of Kostitsyn Gagner and Kane are on...can Kane's defensive flaws be so hidden if he is drafted by a bottom feeder team who play too much in their own zone? Maybe ,maybe not...It is a risk such team will have to bear if they want the counter-0side which is Kane's brilliant puck skills...

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
I know many NHLers who doesn't have great straight-line speed but they are still good defensive players. If he can play smarter and can use his amazing footwork to play D at the Pro level, I'm sure he will have no problem defensively. But he will need to train hard off-ice too.

Kane has amazing skills with the puck...no doubt...

He could very werll go#1...

BUT:

He is not a complete hockey player--team that drafts him will have to live with his defensive liabilities ( poor back-checker--not because he's lazy--but when an oposing player gets a step on him,he really doesn't have straight line closing speed to recover --also he can't out muscle guys for the puck--so if he doesn't use his quick stick to steal the puck back right away froman opponent starting to transition away into the London zone,Kane becomes useless on the back-check after the guy gets by him)....with London at the OHL level this "flaw" is protected because London has the puck so much in the opponents own end most of the time when the "stacked" talent line of Kostitsyn Gagner and Kane are on...can Kane's defensive flaws be so hidden if he is drafted by a bottom feeder team who play too much in their own zone? Maybe ,maybe not...It is a risk such team will have to bear if they want the counter-0side which is Kane's brilliant puck skills...

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
So not only do you believe he will go outside the top 10 if he did you dont think the Rangers would take him.:amazed:

If he falls to NYR there is something definitely going on w/Kane. His size just frightens me. NYR need a big scoring center in the worst way. I know alot of posters think we have one in Anisimov, time will tell. If Kane falls to NYR and Couture(please gog) Van Reimsdyk(LW) are there, I would take L Couture. But the chances of that happening are nil, and NYR would have to collapse completely in race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->