Patrick Kane nets 50 in 47!

Kramy

Jul 11, 2006
Québec
...and he's 2007 eligible, JT is 2009 eligible... the comparaison isn't impressive at all, the guy is 22 months older...

London >>> Oshawa too.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
...and he's 2007 eligible, JT is 2009 eligible... the comparaison isn't impressive at all, the guy is 22 months older...

London >>> Oshawa too.

While the comparison isn't valid (ie, Tavares' feat is much more astounding), it's a poor choice of words to say that it isn't impressive. The list of 18-year-olds to score 50 in the OHL isn't very long, so it's still very impressive, whether he's on a good team or not.

Kramy

Jul 11, 2006
Québec
While the comparison isn't valid (ie, Tavares' feat is much more astounding), it's a poor choice of words to say that it isn't impressive. The list of 18-year-olds to score 50 in the OHL isn't very long, so it's still very impressive, whether he's on a good team or not.

If you were a frenchman well you're choice of words would be poor too! ;)

The comparaison isn't impressive, but the accomplishment of scoring 50 is in fact impressive. If I had to re-write my post, I would say the comparaison is insignificant.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
If you were a frenchman well you're choice of words would be poor too! ;)

The comparaison isn't impressive, but the accomplishment of scoring 50 is in fact impressive. If I had to re-write my post, I would say the comparaison is insignificant.

Hey, no worries. Your English is much better than my French! :)

I think "invalid" would be an even better choice of words than "insignificant." But, as we agree, impressive nonetheless.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Just did it in the Knights/Otters game! Faster then that JT kid... and he's a rookie too...

Didn't Tavares get his 50 goals in like 44 games or something like that, and the only reason that Kane is a rookie and JT isn't is because this is Kanes first year in the OHL, even though he's 2 years older than Tavares?

Man, people like you really astound me.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Your jumping to assumptions there buddy... Kane missed games cause of the world juniors so he was behind in games in JT. When I put that in there it wasn't a slight to him. I'm a Knights fan and I wanted JT to win Rookie of the Year not Sergei Kostitsyn even though he was a much better player last year.

As well this year with both Kane and Gagner so far my vote for rookie of the year is Michael Del Zotto not these two even though I see them all the time.

Simmer...

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
Its still hard to say how much better so and so is over so and so 2...for all we know Tavares will continue to score this amount well into 22 months from now and will be around the same totals. Chances are he will be much more, however Kane is still a great talent and will be a better all around player imo.

Kramy

Jul 11, 2006
Québec
for all we know Tavares will continue to score this amount well into 22 months from now and will be around the same totals. Chances are he will be much more, however Kane is still a great talent and will be a better all around player imo

I'm quite sure his point totals will be much higher as the Generals improve and Tavares himself does the same, he is only 16 and still has plenty of time to get better. I could see him averaging 3 points per game in a very near future as eventually, some overagers and pro-graduating players will be replaced by 16 years old players.

EDIT : I misread your post, sorry...

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
What surprises me is that the services didn't think much of Kane until after the WJCs. Meanwhile there were a handful of posters who felt quite confident that Kane, although trailing guys like Gagner this fall, would get accustomed to the league and go to town. So now Kane is angling in on #1 (just like EJ last year)...where was he last year when he was tearing up Kessel's NTDP records against college teams? Probably the same place Kessel ended up as he was panned by many while playing in the NCAAs.

Likewise, haven't seen too many 2008 services lists but I bet its pretty predictable...is it just a general underappreciation of non-CHL players?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->