Patrick Berglund?

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Can somebody give me a rundown of this guy? What are his strengths, weaknesses? Is he a good bet to go first round or second? Who in the NHL would you compare him to and how far away is he potentially? Thanks guys!! :yo:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
He's a big big man and doesn't have a weakness that pops out. Likes physical play, can make and take hits. Good skater, and a net driver. Smart, and has soft hands.

I'd take him in the top-20.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Traduction from Systran :

Big plant players, that needs to impose itself muscles in order to improve their playing, especially the physical. An OK skate haulers, but definitely not some ridicule curse phenomenon. OK målgörare and playmaker that is to equipped with soft hands and good glance for the playing. Good work capacity. Among the most talangfulla 88: orna on the forward side.....

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
whitesnake said:

Big plant players, that needs to impose itself muscles in order to improve their playing, especially the physical. An OK skate haulers, but definitely not some ridicule curse phenomenon. OK målgörare and playmaker that is to equipped with soft hands and good glance for the playing. Good work capacity. Among the most talangfulla 88: orna on the forward side.....

:D

I'll translate it ;)

Big player, needs to bulk up to improve his game, mainly the physical part.
Decent skater, no speed phenom. Okay scorer and playmaker equipped with soft hands and good vision. Good work rate. Among the most talented 88-borns forwards in Sweden.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
whitesnake said:

Big plant player

:biglaugh: good effort, got the jist. Thanks Vikke for the actual translation. Sounds like a tasty player for Detroit to snap up at the end of the 1st round.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Lundqvist#30 said:
:biglaugh: good effort, got the jist. Thanks Vikke for the actual translation. Sounds like a tasty player for Detroit to snap up at the end of the 1st round.

Or the New York Rangers.

After missing out on all the big centermen, Berglund might be high risk enough as a top six for them to gamble on him at 21. We have a lot of depth, guys developing to be number two's like Immonen, Dubinsky, Roche, Olver, Ryan but we really need that stud number one. Berglund's size and goal scoring may interest the Rangers.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Balej's Dance said:
Or the New York Rangers.

After missing out on all the big centermen, Berglund might be high risk enough as a top six for them to gamble on him at 21. We have a lot of depth, guys developing to be number two's like Immonen, Dubinsky, Roche, Olver, Ryan but we really need that stud number one. Berglund's size and goal scoring may interest the Rangers.

I thought the same thing, once I see him pop start pooping up in the top twenty's of a couple of draft projections. The Rangers wouldn't heistate to take a player like him. He seems to fit the current Ranger profile for drafting. And, I wouldn't be surprised if he came with the Rockstrom seal of approval.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
If he doesn't have a weakness then how come he's not a top 15 pick? Does he have potential to be a first liner?

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Russian_fanatic said:
If he doesn't have a weakness then how come he's not a top 15 pick? Does he have potential to be a first liner?

The Hockey News has him at 19. If he fills out, yes.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Thanks a lot guys! I've been workign on my mock and there wasn't enough information about this guy that I've seen yet, this will help me out a lot, i appreciate it!

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
insider said:
The Hockey News has him at 19. If he fills out, yes.

I don't get why he's rated so lowly around here then if he has potential to be a first liner. Usually first line potential prospect go in the top 15.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:

my guess would be limited upside...sounds like a 'safe' pick. not as big of an upside as the top picks but not a huge downside either. a guy that will play in the nhl somewhere just a question of what role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->