Patrice Cormier Thread -- New Face of Hockey!

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
Patrice Cormier -- Rimouski Oceanic
Top 2008 NHL Draft Prospect

• Here's what I know about Patrice Cormier:
  • Patrice is the real “Next Face of Hockey” – old school style-player in the mould of Mark Messier.
  • He is a throw back to the old days.
  • Plays the game upfront and intense like it is supposed to be played and he doesn’t take dives like some of today’s young superstars (cough, Crosby, cough).
  • The fans will love him.
  • Has tremendous skill but can beat you physically as well.
  • He could be the most complete package for the 2008 Draft.

:) Google him! and let me know what you know about him!

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

• Patrice is the real “Next Face of Hockey†– old school style-player in the mould of Mark Messier.
  • Plays the game upfront and intense like it is supposed to be played and he doesn’t take dives like some of today’s young superstars (cough, Crosby, cough).

are you him? i've neve rseen a 1st post start like that one?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
well I could be one of his biggest fans myself, I think the guy is going to be a top 10 pick in the 2008 NHL draft, I would compare his style to Cam Neely. Next year im expecting a player that takes over a game physically and by talent on the ice, very good power forward with great IQ, and all around offensive skills on the ice, he has a very good shot, excellent smooth puck handling, very good strength and puck protection, works well in traffic, digs and works for the puck, has good vision and excellent passing and playmaking, he goes to the net, will dish out big hits and plays decent defensive hockey.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Last year, he played on a very bottom team, with two other 16 years old, Phil Cornet (08) and Jordan Caron (09). This line will be GOLD in two years.

The C Connection :
Cornet - Cormier - Caron

rollon

Jun 7, 2005
Well, his brother is one of the best fighter the Q has seen since the last decade. I suppose he showed him some tricks...

and this fight was the last game that Kevin (brother of Patrice) played in LHJMQ. Oceanic vs Cataracts. A kind of gift for his old brother.
The end of Kevin's era ... the beginning of Patrice's era ???? :D

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I think this was also the poster that made his "first post" a few days ago. It got locked/deleted/erased.

It was about Patrice Cormier and the fact he has a site where he'll write back to fans who contact him.

:biglaugh: it must be Cormier.

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
I like bullets. I use them every where, even in little daily emails I send to my friends. I'm a good writer. I just like Cormier. He's a good kid and a wonderful skater.

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
I'm not Cormier. I'm a fan of both Cormier boys. I'm a throw back to old time hockey. I like to see brothers and dynasties and kids who really know the game. I don't know why they deleted my first post. I'm not an advertiser and I was thrilled to see a website for Patrice, that's all. Shucks. I was so impressed when I saw Patrice play and I have a pretty good eye on potential stars and so forth -- but then the grandma sitting next to me might of a good eye too, so I am verifying my eye for hockey -- Is he good or what? (like Rachel Ray when she tastes something really good)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This is just another example how the Martimes were undervalued when it came to the NHL draft and hockey prospects in general. Finally scouts are taking the Maritimes serious. In 10 years I can see us catching up depth wise as well.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This is just another example how the Martimes were undervalued when it came to the NHL draft and hockey prospects in general. Finally scouts are taking the Maritimes serious. In 10 years I can see us catching up depth wise as well.

well training is better here now as well, players are developing alot better and their skills are at a high level now due to the better development camps out there, plus they are getting exposed more now to, so its nice to see the Maritimes getting some bit talent...next years QMJHL draft could be 70% maritimers in the 1st round with:

Brandon Gormley (probably 1st overall, best player in Canada for his age)
Ben Duffy
Chris Dart
Brandon Hynes
Alex Noel
Kody Orr
Garrett Clarke
Casey Babineau
Morgan Ellis
Zach Phillips

all being 1st round potentials

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Right now, it would be extremely difficult to call Cormier a first rounder given his output this year. Unless something drastic changes (Rimouski isn't likely to be leaps and bounds better), I think he'll end up somewhere between a late first rounder and an early second.
As for being a top-10 pick, I have trouble putting Cormier on the same level with Sauve and Sauve has to earn top 10 accolades.

LeafsrGods*

• Patrice is the real “Next Face of Hockey†– old school style-player in the mould of Mark Messier.

Ever heard of John Tavares? He is the same age, with much more points in a defensive minded league that Patrice Cormier who is in an offensvie league.

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
World Hockey Connect, you for some reason are a huge Patrice fan........for reasons im not sure of.....yet.

Patrice had an average season......and IMO, I was a bit disappointed in his production. Having no help in Riki played a part im sure, but I personally expected more from him.

Cornet and Caron outplayed him,on the same team. I see you "boasting" Patrice up on different boards, ans this is something I don't understand.

I myself am bias towards Chris Doyle, as I seen him play a lot this season. I could go on about how he'll be a top NHL pick, how he has a cannon of a shot, and how he would have had 50pts this season if not for his broken jaw....but finishing with 36pts in 50gms is fine with me.

IMO, and I am sure I'll get "thumped" for this, but I would take Doyle on my team over Cormier......and that's mainly because I've seen Chris play every home game this season, and I know what he can bring. As mentioned, he's got a bullet for a shot.....unreal for a kid his age. He sees the ice well, likes to make and take a hit, and he shows leadership on the ice. He's the type of player you want on the ice when your team is leading by one late, or trailing by one late.

Wish Patrice all the best, but I personally don't see him rated that "high" as you do.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Cormier has elite one-on-one skills, but lacks in skating and takes shifts off. He wasn't just outplayed by his linemates, Caron tended to make him look bad given the disparity in useful skill. He could be spectacular but he has A LOT of work to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->