Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Disappointing, may lose the Selke he had all but wrapped up as well.

As long as hes good for the playoffs it doesnt matter that much however.

I personally think he has the Selke wrapped up at this point, even if he misses the rest of the regular season. He has been incredible and easily the best defensive forward (with great offensive numbers to boot). I think the Bruins will struggle a bit without him for the next few weeks, which will further emphasize his value.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Agreed. Lots of teams would love to have Krejci and Backes as their top 2 centers.

Would be an ideal time to bring up one of the young centers from Providence for a handful of games
The kids in Providence are all banged up :(

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Wingels played much of this season as C for us and has played it before. He's nothing special but works hard and is honest player.

Gutted about Bergy as my son is a huge Bruins and #37 fan and we are over to see Boston/Chicago in 10th March. He was really pumped to watch his fav player in person but sadly thats the risk I guess. My son wears 37 as his hockey team shirt number because of Bergy.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I personally think he has the Selke wrapped up at this point, even if he misses the rest of the regular season. He has been incredible and easily the best defensive forward (with great offensive numbers to boot). I think the Bruins will struggle a bit without him for the next few weeks, which will further emphasize his value.

Couturier will probably win it.
Sucks about Bergeron. Never mind the team. I just like to watch him play. And I enjoy the games more when he's out there.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Wingels played much of this season as C for us and has played it before. He's nothing special but works hard and is honest player.

Gutted about Bergy as my son is a huge Bruins and #37 fan and we are over to see Boston/Chicago in 10th March. He was really pumped to watch his fav player in person but sadly thats the risk I guess. My son wears 37 as his hockey team shirt number because of Bergy.

He's just such an easy player to root for. A generation of kids growing up - that if he's not their favourite player, he's one of their favourites. My nephews are die-hard Leaf fans and they both love Bergeron. He's kinda like Iginla and Selanne in that he's universally liked. But he's also a player that kids can see themselves in because he doesn't have the flash the other stars have.

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Some adversity for the Bruins and some rest for Bergeron can only mean good things in the end. Sure, they could falter and fall to third place but honestly, home ice or not, they aren't beating Toronto if they don't fix the mental mistakes that have been killing them lately. Time to get back to basics and just play hard, can't have Mr Perfect bailing you out all the time

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's awful, but, if an injury like this was ever to happen, this would be the best time. Bruins would have to f*** up something awful to miss the playoffs, and it sounds like there's no concern about Bergeron being back for playoffs. That's one hell of a boost to get back for the stretch run/playoffs.

Sadly, that puts an end to his record-setting Selke bid. MAYBE if he literally only misses 2 weeks he'd have a shot (~70 games), but it's way too difficult to win a major award if you're closer to 60 games played.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Buckley: Fractured foot just small obstacle for gritty Patrice Bergeron

“I was very, very excited when I heard about those moves,” Bergeron said. “All the guys we got — Nash, Holden, Gionta, Wingels — are going to help us. It gives us amazing depth.
“Depth is something you can’t have too much of, especially in the playoffs. Now I just need to do my part, and, well, this stinks.”
Bergeron is a card-carrying member of Boston’s Pro Athletes Above and Beyond Club, a longtime fits-like-a-glove presence who’s become so intertwined in the community you’d think he grew up in Quincy, not Quebec.
And now he’s on crutches.
Bergeron’s right.
This stinks.
But compared with the last time I saw Bergeron walking slowly through the Level 3 hallway, last night wasn’t bad news at all.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Buckley: Fractured foot just small obstacle for gritty Patrice Bergeron

“I was very, very excited when I heard about those moves,” Bergeron said. “All the guys we got — Nash, Holden, Gionta, Wingels — are going to help us. It gives us amazing depth.
“Depth is something you can’t have too much of, especially in the playoffs. Now I just need to do my part, and, well, this stinks.”
Bergeron is a card-carrying member of Boston’s Pro Athletes Above and Beyond Club, a longtime fits-like-a-glove presence who’s become so intertwined in the community you’d think he grew up in Quincy, not Quebec.
And now he’s on crutches.
Bergeron’s right.
This stinks.
But compared with the last time I saw Bergeron walking slowly through the Level 3 hallway, last night wasn’t bad news at all.
As a Quincy native, I enjoyed reading that line.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
upload_2018-3-1_22-4-55.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergy did pretty well in the player poll. Fifth best in hard to play against, third in best team player, third in best role model.....behind Crosby???? And Toews...

Well, I'd have Bergeron #1 but I may be biased :rolleyes:

Reactions: HustleB and Thrive

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When he becomes fully bionic in a couple of years, he won't even need to heal.
I joke about him being bionic often, but I swear that guy has the highest pain threshold I've ever seen. He's out there skating with all his weight on a foot he broke three weeks ago. Then again, he played almost two full games with it being broken...

I bet DelNegro has some interesting stories he could tell.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad