Confirmed with Link: Patric Hornqvist Playing Career Likely Over

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Screenshot-20230701-035457-150.png

I think I defended Spaling in there too but no one's perfect.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It’s funny how certain usernames stick out to me when old threads are dug up. Like “oh I remember them, f*** that guy.” Haha.

Just shows there’s always hope.

I'm always the opposite. I miss some of the people who posted here. I have been reading here since 2003, and there were some real wild posters here back then. Dude's watching game from no name Euro leagues. Super knowledgeable posters and shit posters got taken care of quickly. It was a really fun time here. Then when they landed Sid the doors blew off.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm always the opposite. I miss some of the people who posted here. I have been reading here since 2003, and there were some real wild posters here back then. Dude's watching game from no name Euro leagues. Super knowledgeable posters and shit posters got taken care of quickly. It was a really fun time here. Then when they landed Sid the doors blew off.

Which is also when the transformation of the Lemieux/Jagr era "space" transferred to the Lemieux/Crosby era, however brief, but not to long after there was no real positive to be deep diving prospects and such soon after. (started winning) It really felt like a waste of time looking into prospects that would never reach the Pens.

Also, that Jagr trade really put a damper on things. Losing out on Ovechkin to get Malkin, and his defection process, and getting super lucky on Sid.

I don't know what kind of fun someone could have divulged from that period between Jagr to Malkin/Crosby. It was a shit show as a Pens fans perspective. Generation X.

But I do miss guys who were here to keep things moving forward to keep the circle jerk from happening. But it was inevitable the computer age was going to grow leaps and bounds right there at the cusp of the times, too.

You can find out about any prospect you want at the click of a button now. Not just that, from respectable sources, taking away the need to depend on those guys who put that time in.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I don't know what kind of fun someone could have divulged from that period between Jagr to Malkin/Crosby. It was a shit show as a Pens fans perspective. Generation X.
The Morozov-Lemieux-Kovalev line was cooking in '03, and it looked like Mario was going for 130 at age 37.

In '04 you had Fleury's tremendous debut game, which stoked fantasies of the future.

Also in '04 Ryan Malone had a surprise rookie season. I remember he was ranked as like the 15th best prospect by us before he broke out. We were just enjoying the tank era knowing there were true generational players to be had.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Morozov-Lemieux-Kovalev line was cooking in '03, and it looked like Mario was going for 130 at age 37.

In '04 you had Fleury's tremendous debut game, which stoked fantasies of the future.

Also in '04 Ryan Malone had a surprise rookie season. I remember he was ranked as like the 15th best prospect by us before he broke out. We were just enjoying the tank era knowing there were true generational players to be had.

Yeah, it was a lot yo/yo from my perspective. Shame Malone couldn't stick it out and just take what was offered. Same with Morozov. Lockout nonreturn.

Hazed Yoshi

Apr 13, 2023
Whenever we think of him we will all automatically think of 2 Stanley Cups so it is safe to say he will always be remembered as a true Penguins legend. Apart from the 2 cups what I take with me as another memory is that he gave his all every single god damn game. Wish him the absolute best.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Pour one out for a Penguins icon.

That trade getting him from Nashville for Neal was gutsy as f*** and wow did he come to fight and go to war as a Penguin

A f***ing legend

I had slept in and put the game on late... my grandmother had passed away that morning and i put the game on on my phone in bed... just in time to see this.

I called my parents shortly after crying saying the Pens are going to win the Stanley Cup again

I needed that that day

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

It is really fun now to look back at that GenX era and what we hung on to for positivity and hope. Never forget Dick Tarnstrom being the team's leading scorer one year. Rico Fata was like a -50 that year. I don't think I've ever seen such a bad +/- stat.

Yeah, it was a lot yo/yo from my perspective. Shame Malone couldn't stick it out and just take what was offered. Same with Morozov. Lockout nonreturn.
Malone says he was never offered a contract to accept or reject.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is really fun now to look back at that GenX era and what we hung on to for positivity and hope. Never forget Dick Tarnstrom being the team's leading scorer one year. Rico Fata was like a -50 that year. I don't think I've ever seen such a bad +/- stat.

Malone says he was never offered a contract to accept or reject.

I don't remember that part, but I'll take your word for it. His rights were traded. You'd think they had some kind of talks along the way. It's probably why there was no offer.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't remember that part, but I'll take your word for it. His rights were traded. You'd think they had some kind of talks along the way. It's probably why there was no offer.
There just was no more money available for him. Unless he was going to come back at the most bargain contract possible (which he wasn't ever going to do), it was really just a waste of time. Sid, Fleury, and Orpik all cashed in 08-09.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There just was no more money available for him. Unless he was going to come back at the most bargain contract possible (which he wasn't ever going to do), it was really just a waste of time. Sid, Fleury, and Orpik all cashed in 08-09.

Also, Hossa fiasco.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad