Patric Hornqvist about to join some elite company ...

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
maybe so, but this has to exceed everyone's expectations. kudos to nashville for nabbing him in the 7th round. is this a player that is likely to come to north america?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It is in the papers today that Nash GM Paul Fenton will offer him a contract in the summer to keep the rights but probably loan him out to DIF (his current club) for one more season.

Hörnqvist him self say that he only thinks about the next game with DIF and will think about his future after the season (yeah sure, I guess he have created him self as a superstar in EA NHL 2007 scoring like crazy) but that playing in the NHL is his biggest dream like it is for all hockey players.

But I have to agree that Bremberg can make most players score goals. Still he is doing a good job and he is very young.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'd like to see Hornqvist get one more good year in the SEL, then start working him into NA hockey in Milwaukee after that. Pleasant surprise for a seventh round afterthought that, at the time, even many of the Swedish posters had never heard of.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
is this bremberg good enough for the NHL or just another good European league player?
He did sign with the Oilers in '98 after a couple of PPG seasons in the SEL, but spent most of the season in Hamilton. I've always thought he's kind of soft and "lazy". :dunno:

Last edited:

Foligno#71

Sep 10, 2006
Gothenburg
www.hockeysverige.se
Hörnqvist didn't live up to expectations at the WJC, but part of the reason why was becuase the coach used him in a rather awkward way.

I think that NHL clubs sending players back to Europe on loan will be more and more ordinary in the future. Especially with the current system, where players have to be signed within two years after the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad