Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Some pundits were talking about a 1st for Maroon, so I'm sure the thought of one Davies or Walsh crossed a lot of people's minds.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bratt is not in the top 6 anymore, and if he is playing over Grabner and Maroon thats an absolute joke.

Kid has like 3 points in 20+ games he is done for the season. He got his taste now send him down or put him in the box and let em practice and hangout with the team.

Noesen and Gibbons will be 3-4RW and Stafford will be in for the time being If i had to guess.

Bratt should be nowhere near this roster after the Maroon acquisition

Bratt will certainly get his chances on different lines. Whether or not he stays in the line-up is dependent on how he rebounds from this funk.

When he's playing well, he adds a unique element to the Devils offense.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
on paper i would want to bring grabner and maroon back next year. so then the question is who gets booted next year

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Cool I guess. Needed D a lot more, but nothing wrong with practically free forward depth should be the end of the stafford era

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Bratt will certainly get his chances on different lines. Whether or not he stays in the line-up is dependent on how he rebounds from this funk.

When he's playing well, he adds a unique element to the Devils offense.
He hasnt played well for over twenty games, this funk has been going for multiple months now.

Not to mention he cant hang with the rough and tough of the end of the season/playoffs yet, Hischier can with his individual skill but Bratt needs the size as well

Njd86

May 9, 2010
Great pick up for Big Rig! He will fit in nicely and suprise a lot of fans here.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
remember a few weeks ago when someone brought up some reasonable bratt concerns, and he got castrated/tarred & feathered for it? and not in that order. good timez

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Best part about Maroon is he fits perfectly on the bottom-six.

Alongside Zajac or Boyle or even Zacha, he can play a slower, grind-it-out game. Makes the Devils a well-rounded and versatile offense.

You get the speed from Hall, Hischier, Palmieri, Bratt, Grabner, Coleman, Gibbons, and Wood. But you also have to handle the size and strength of Noesen, Zajac, Boyle, Maroon, Zacha, and Wood.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If Maroon stays LW and Grabner goes RW

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Maroon-Zacha-Grabner
Wood-Zajac-Noesen
Coleman-Boyle-Stafford (until Gibbons)

Maroon should be no where near Zajac otherwise you defeat the purpose of having speed throughout the entire lineup

Reactions: Hall09Devils

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He hasnt played well for over twenty games, this funk has been going for multiple months now.

Not to mention he cant hang with the rough and tough of the end of the season/playoffs yet, Hischier can with his individual skill but Bratt needs the size as well

I wouldn't say he's not playing well. His execution has been off, but that happens a lot over a long season when you don't get a lot of practice time to work on your puck-handling/skills.

He's doing everything right and he's still working hard. Just seems like he's fumbling passes, losing the puck when he's skating up ice, etc. He seems to be struggling a lot as the games have gotten tighter and guys get a way with a lot more hooks and slashes, but that's expected for a guy that likes to hold onto the puck and skate with it.

Maybe with some added depth he can get some time off and get back to the basics.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If Maroon stays LW and Grabner goes RW

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Maroon-Zacha-Grabner
Wood-Zajac-Noesen
Coleman-Boyle-Stafford (until Gibbons)

Maroon should be no where near Zajac otherwise you defeat the purpose of having speed throughout the entire lineup

This is so spicy. I can't fathom your Bratt takes anymore.

Anyways, Maroon fits great up and down our bottom 9 and we got him for nothing. So that's awesome.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Did Ray acquire Maroon not just for his big body and garbage goal skills... but to add a "enforcer" who can also play the game after watching Butcher get rag dolled by Ladd with no real pushback outside of Lovejoy jumping the duo that were already on the ice?

Reactions: Aethon and mtnet

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I like this deal.
Ray is telling the locker room and us fans that he's serious now.

All without mortgaging too much future in the two trades.
Unless of course Rykov develops into a stud which would totally suck.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Love the move, it adds size, experience and skill around the net. Exactly what I've been wanting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad