Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So how has he been for you guys so far? I see some people talking about $4 million X 4 years, that is one of the reasons that we needed to move him IMO. Too much money tied up in a similar player in Lucic. Maroon had motivational issues in Anaheim and lost a lot of weight leading up to last season. I think that a team can have 1 player like Lucic or Maroon but more than that makes your team too slow. If you guys make it to the postseason he should be dynamite for you guys when the refs put away the whistles.

he has been above average overall for us. His board work and netfront presence on the PP has definitely helped

I would certainly not give him 4 years. the MOST I would go is 3 and I would probably be hesitant with that.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
He's making 1.5M$... at most I'd offer him 3 X 3M$ and maybe that would be too much.

You rarely see players making double of what they're earning. He's a 3rd liner with below average speed but makes up for it in strength and board work.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's making 1.5M$... at most I'd offer him 3 X 3M$ and maybe that would be too much.

You rarely see players making double of what they're earning. He's a 3rd liner with below average speed but makes up for it in strength and board work.

Eh he's actually in the last year of a 3-6 deal ($2 million per) and he signed that when he hadn't done nearly as much as he's done the last couple seasons. Guys like him typically do get overpaid in FA but since the trade market wasn't there for him maybe he won't get the typical 'physical forward with skill' markup in FA.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Eh he's actually in the last year of a 3-6 deal ($2 million per) and he signed that when he hadn't done nearly as much as he's done the last couple seasons. Guys like him typically do get overpaid in FA but since the trade market wasn't there for him maybe he won't get the typical 'physical forward with skill' markup in FA.

My bad... forgot Anaheim retained 500K.

If he's asking for anything over 4M$ over 4 years plus... I wouldn't do it. Don't want another anchor contract when we have key pieces to resign in the next couple of years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He's exactly the type of forward we needed.

Big, heavy, good hands who can control the boards and possess the puck (aside from being a net-front presence)

It's his day today

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
he has been above average overall for us. His board work and netfront presence on the PP has definitely helped

I would certainly not give him 4 years. the MOST I would go is 3 and I would probably be hesitant with that.

IMO he went for cheaper than I expected given his skill set and cap hit. He is a good player but will likely be overpaid as an UFA. He's a guy that needs to be at or under $3 million to be a non Albatross of a deal in the event that he is in a bottom 6 role for the majority of his contract. Given the choice I'd rather have Maroon at $4 million than Lucic at $6 million or at least the Lucic that has been sucking horribly for us since Christmas. The game has been speeding up so you can afford 1, maybe 2 slower forwards on your team in this league.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
this is awesome... kane to maroon - "you better get home to those roller hockey championships"

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He's exactly the type of forward we needed.

Big, heavy, good hands who can control the boards and possess the puck (aside from being a net-front presence)

It's his day today

Fast - no
attacking- no
supportive -meh.

Honestly - he's Zubrus+ with better hands. If he gets a few PP goals, I'm psyched.

I'd rather have someone else on the team next year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
have we tried him at RW yet? if he stays at LW, i don't see much of a future here for him. i'd rather have wood in that spot

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I would love to see him retained to mentor Zacha and Wood on how to dominate board battles.

I still have a feeling he is going to do whatever he can to get closer to STL to be near his son.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
That panther fan helped get the Maroon trade thread locked down, made a new Maroon thread in the national hockey boards. Guess who was the first poster to comment?

When I read this, I knew who it was without even looking

Just to confirm I had a peek and sure enough...

What an intensely bitter loser that kid is

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Fast - no
attacking- no
supportive -meh.

Honestly - he's Zubrus+ with better hands. If he gets a few PP goals, I'm psyched.

I'd rather have someone else on the team next year.
You can't have an orchestra if everyone plays trumpet. Maroon's played great so far and he deserves credit.

Edit: I didn't realize that this was an old post, sorry for the confusion.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I like "Slow, Mean and Nasty" ... I think that would look great on the back of a t-shirt.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad