Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Maroon is LW only.

Good PU, tough player, good around the net (needs to be with skilled guys), hard to play against.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Two interesting thoughts:

- is Maroon just a product of McDavid?
- does this mean they're shutting down Mojo and need a replacement?

Still a good deal.
Yes, and yes, I think. But just because his scoring rate was a product of McDavid doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Good trade for us. Should contribute on the powerplay, which is probably what we brought him in for.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Adds an element we were missing pretty bad. We have some really good depth at this point. Next year I don’t expect both guys to be around but so wouldn’t be surprised if one of them were.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Bratt
Maroon-Zajac-Grabner
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen

That’s a pretty deep lineup. That third line would’ve been our first line 3 years ago.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Maroon's pros Decent skater for a big man , hits hard , sticks up for his teammates, Decent shot, goes to the net, good hands for his size , Cons takes ill timed penalties loses focus on the play in Offensive zone at times , checks out in some games and spells , Devil fans will like him and his goal celebrations

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Maroon's pros Decent skater for a big man , hits hard , sticks up for his teammates, Decent shot, goes to the net, good hands for his size , Cons takes ill timed penalties loses focus on the play in Offensive zone at times , checks out in some games and spells , Devil fans will like him and his goal celebrations

thanks! dudek's pro's:

cool last name

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Automatically becomes tied for 4th in scoring on our team. Tied with Butcher at 30 points.

Hard to not like that when it's just a 3rd round pick and some college player I never heard of.

Reactions: mtnet and Darkauron

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Was a little weary of sending assets for another rental. However, for the price, this is a great deal.

Dudek likely would not have been signed, he's a dime a dozen prospect.

Reactions: Aethon

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Side note... Placey tweeted “Davies... Walsh...” with question marks when it said a NCAAer was involved too. The fact that she even mentioned those two in this deal shows how out of touch with reality she is. I loathe her.
with this TDL, i thought we'd be giving up a decent prospect. i was praying it wasn't them. so i don't think she was soooo off base

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
As good a trade Yzerman made, I'd be somewhat worried if I was a Bolts fan cause playing the same team in a best of 7 series, I can see them getting pushed around by a team that has some speed and muscle.

The reason why I love the Maroon deal is that we now have a good balance of speed and size up front and that will wear down the opposition real fast when playing the same team at least 4 consecutive times and even more if it goes the limit.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
with this TDL, i thought we'd be giving up a decent prospect. i was praying it wasn't them. so i don't think she was soooo off base

Giving up Walsh for Maroon, who is the definition of a rental would of be absolutely stupid. Davies less so but still. She’s out to lunch if that was even a serious thought.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Other than Wood, we didn't really have anyone with some size that plays with an edge and has a scoring touch. And while of course McDavid has inflated his goal totals, he put up 29 points in 62 games with Anaheim playing 12 minutes a night and 34 points in 71 games while being a positive possession player. Even if that's what we get, he'll help. I like it.

Reactions: Hall09Devils

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I confess I mistook Maroon for someone else

this is a nice trade. obviously his production will likely drop off without McDavid, so hopefully that deal gets wrapped up soon

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Adds an element we were missing pretty bad. We have some really good depth at this point. Next year I don’t expect both guys to be around but so wouldn’t be surprised if one of them were.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Bratt
Maroon-Zajac-Grabner
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen

That’s a pretty deep lineup. That third line would’ve been our first line 3 years ago.
Bratt is not in the top 6 anymore, and if he is playing over Grabner and Maroon thats an absolute joke.

Kid has like 3 points in 20+ games he is done for the season. He got his taste now send him down or put him in the box and let em practice and hangout with the team.

Noesen and Gibbons will be 3-4RW and Stafford will be in for the time being If i had to guess.

Bratt should be nowhere near this roster after the Maroon acquisition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->