Pastrnak's next contract.

Assuming 8 years, what is Pasta's next AAV?

• Total voters

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
McAvoy deal is probably a pretty good benchmark. McAvoy is more important player, but Pastrnak is more proven at the time of the signing + UFA.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
McAvoy deal is probably a pretty good benchmark. McAvoy is more important player, but Pastrnak is more proven at the time of the signing + UFA.

I was thinking Pasta was underpaid for several years, he might want to claw some of that back in this contract. Also only buying FA years, didn't Charlie have another RFA year left?

McAvoy should porbably be the highest paid or at elast equal to, but I could see Pasta get a little more.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Seeing some of these numbers, I'm taking the high end. I'd though it could come in around $9.5m but there's some big money being pushed around and he's worth more than all those guys by a big margin.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He gets the McAvoy contract of 9.5x8.
I hadn't thought about that.
I was going to go with 10X8 because Pasta is so damn good but since McAvoy is already at 9.5, it makes sense for Pasta to sign for that amount as well assuming he signed long term to stay with the Bruins.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Pastrnak allegedly "doesn't play for the money" based on his history and interview. If that holds true I'd optimistically expect 8 million. He could absolutely sign for 10+ and be well worth it however.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Pastrnak allegedly "doesn't play for the money" based on his history and interview. If that holds true I'd optimistically expect 8 million. He could absolutely sign for 10+ and be well worth it however.
I imagine he would already be signed if he'd take 8mil. He was on a massive discount last contract, the core forwards/his linemates are aging. I'd be shocked if he takes less than 9.5-10, I would bet more like 10.5-11. If he does take another discount then kudos to him and good for the Bruins, I just don't see it or he'd already be signed

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad