Proposal: Pasta for Eichel SU Or Who Adds

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
If Eichel ever comes forward and wants out Buffalo fans are going to be severely disappointed with the return. Bruins would probably add a little here but not a lot of this ever went down

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Eichrl is worth a lot more givrn he’s younger, under team control longer, and a center.

it costs Boston a f***ing ton beyond Pasta. They have no young center to speak of.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The Bruins would have to add. If eichel really wants to move out of Buffalo, they would need a future centre in return too. So the Bruins would add Studnicka to the deal.

Boston- Eichel

Buffalo- Pasta, Studnicka

I could see something like this happen at the draft but not at the trade deadline.

I was thinking Beecher. But thank you for including a centre prospect in a return.

1021huss

Jan 26, 2010
So what else would it take besides Pasta. Hypothetically speaking. Would two first and a prospect not named Vladar Or Swayman

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
In a one off season not taking into consideration of future seasons, values even in my opinion

Problem you run into: length of current deal, center vs winger, in division trade. Then the debate of what is pastas potential and if he has hit his ceiling vs eichel and if he has hit his ceiling

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ok then it makes not sense for Boston. A team in the win now already hurt for goals giving up there best goal scorer + a first. New York seems like the most likely spot and can easily beat Boston's offer.
NYR not dealing bluest bluechip elcs BUF wants
NYR can't add 10m+ salary until Trouba's 8m moved
not happening

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So what else would it take besides Pasta. Hypothetically speaking. Would two first and a prospect not named Vladar Or Swayman

Hypothetically speaking, there's no fit there. 2 years of Pastrnak has almost no practical value to an Eichel-less Sabres team.
Also, we'd need to re-hire Botterill to have a big enough idiot in the front office to trade our franchise center to a division rival. Hell, we'd need a Botterill-level idiot to trade him at all. We'd actually need someone even dumber to trade him to Boston. I'm not sure such a person even exists.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
no one adds,
sending a 24 year-old w ~200 NHL goals shouldn't require an add
sending a 24-year-old 2OA C who has met his potential shouldn't require an add
if both sides agree it makes sense, to meet needs and situations,
shut up and pull the trigger
Yeah. Seems like between these two it’s a matter of preference. Personally I prefer Pastrnak but I can see the other side too.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Eichrl is worth a lot more givrn he’s younger, under team control longer, and a center.

it costs Boston a f***ing ton beyond Pasta. They have no young center to speak of.

Younger? By a few months. Both 24. I highly doubt that would be any kind of argument to add to a trade, one player is less then 5 months younger.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Fan of neither team but Pasta is a better all around player with a lower cap hit. His term makes it a nonstarter for Buffalo though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad