CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXII - Congratulations Horseheads and Kanye! P.D. May 1, M.D. July 1

GMOTY

• InfinityIggy

• Johnny Hoxville

• Kanye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Will be selling off keeper level players:

Corey Perry
Evgeni Dadanov
Devan Dubnyk/Mike Smith/Philip Grubauer
Duncan Keith
Ryan McDonagh

Would also like to buy keeper level players:
Eeli Tolvanen
Alex Nylander
Lawson Crouse
Josh Ho-Sang
Jake Oettinger
Ryan Poehling
Sam Steel

as currency.

Don't believe in William that you shouldn't buy players in the offseason only because he has nothing but high picks and wants to keep them for himself.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
*claims to be selling keeper level players*

*doesn't list any keeper level players*
Perry is worth a flyer on
Dadanov has 52 pts in 59 games
Dubnyk and Smith are elite goaltenders
Keith is also worth a flyer on
McDonagh is a top peripheral D man on a better team.

idk I've seen some bottom feeders with some downright terrible keepers that all of these guys are a definite upgrade.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Don't believe in William that you shouldn't buy players in the offseason only because he has nothing but high picks and wants to keep them for himself.
Uhhhh, no. Hey, if you're going to sell top-tier players in a way that actually does make your team worse, people should absolutely be paying for that. What doesn't make sense is spending top main draft picks to buy your leftovers who you're going to lose for nothing.

Actually, thank you for prompting me. I have an interesting analysis that it is important that everyone sees.

Suppose I have all of my normal main draft picks, for simplicity. There are so many good teams this year that there are probably enough leftover keeper level players that if none get snapped up before the keeper deadline, they'll fill the 10th round of the main draft. So with my 10th-rounder, I'm going to score one of these players. Now, if my 9th-best player was Paul Byron, I might be looking to buy another keeper pre-deadline because keeping Byron would be a waste.

Let's say Kanye comes at me offering me Corey Perry for a 10th rounder. Right, well from Kanye's perspective, that's obviously ridiculous value as Perry has 0 value to him and he wants to turn him into something tangible. But he convinces me that only my perspective is important. Well, my 10th rounder would probably get me a player at least as good as Perry, so what do I really gain here? If we don't make the deal, Kanye gets nothing, I pick Corey Perry in the 10th round and also keep Paul Byron. If we do make the deal, Kanye gets a Perry-equivalent for free. Compared with not making the deal, I get a Perry-level player either way, but I'm swapping Byron out for whatever pick I get back from Kanye. This deal is only an advantage if the pick I get in return from Kanye can get me better than Paul Byron. But even if that's the case, it's going to be hard for you to gain anywhere near as much as Kanye does in a deal, which means that by making this deal, I'm perpetuating the disparity in the league. Making the good team better by leaps and bounds while making myself very slightly better.

In an alternate universe where no one makes these trades at all, yes, some teams will have some really lame keepers, but the league will balance itself out come the first few rounds of the main draft. Currently, a lot of these playoff teams have depleted their main draft position and will have 9 great keepers and then nothing to fill their depth. I think everyone who is a non-playoff team absolutely has a vested interest in not helping the playoff teams to recoup assets where they have no leverage.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CFHF Fantasy League Playoff Second Round Preview:

(1) Wheeling Dusters vs. (7) Flaming Horseheads
dusters.png
vs.
horseheads.png

Wheeling Dusters: 189-83-22 (400 pts.) First in the McDonald Division
Flaming Horseheads: 156-115-23 (335 pts.) Second in the McDonald Division
Season series: Wheeling Dusters 18-8-2
How they got here: Flaming Horseheads had their stars step up big-time early in the week to put their first round matchup with The Terrors out of reach, even with a late-week surge from the opposition. However, the latter half of the week was not nearly as impressive and may be cause for concern. Wheeling Dusters did not have their best week of the year in their first-round matchup with Halifax Lions, but still put up big numbers across the board for a comfortable victory. Flaming Horseheads own the peripheral categories in this matchup, while Wheeling Dusters appears to have an edge in net.
Wheeling Dusters roster notes: The Dusters enter the second round with injuries to depth players David Backes and Kris Russell, each of whom are day to day and may return during the week.
Good Decisions roster notes: Evgeni Kuznetsov went day-to-day with an injury near the end of the first round matchup for the Horseheads, while goaltender Carter Hutton and defenceman Nikita Zaitsev remain out.​

(4) GoodFellas vs. (6) The Techno Onion
goodfellas.png
vs.
onion.png

GoodFellas: 176-90-28 (380 pts.) Second in the Loob Division
The Techno Onion: 164-106-24 (352 pts.) Second in the MacInnis Division
Season series: GoodFellas 7-6-1
How they got here: Both GoodFellas and The Techno Onion got off to hot starts to their first round matchups with Wu-Tang Killa Beez and Flaming Wings, respectively. While GoodFellas were never overly threatened in their matchup, The Techno Onion did just enough to hold off the charge of 2016 champion Flaming Wings. Both teams got excellent goaltending in the first round, and feature steady offence. GoodFellas have a distinct edge in peripheral categories, but anything can happen in the playoffs.
GoodFellas roster notes: Mark Stone and Brian Elliott remain out, while Matthew Tkachuk was injured in the GoodFellas' first round matchup, and his return is unknown.
The Techno Onion roster notes: Max Pacioretty, who is out for the season, remains the Techno Onion's only injury concern heading into the second round.​

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'll listen to offers on absolutely anyone. No one is untouchable.

Cam Ward Car - G
Ben Bishop Dal - G
Ryan Suter Min - D
Matt Niskanen Was - D
Brenden Dillon SJ - D
Shea Weber Mon - D
Andy Greene NJ - D
Mark Borowiecki Ott - D
Phil Kessel Pit - RW
Josh Bailey NYI - LW,RW
Jonathan Marchessault VGK - C,LW
Ryan Getzlaf Anh - C
Ryan O'Reilly Buf - C
Thomas Vanek Cls - LW,RW
Justin Williams Car - RW
Mikko Koivu Min - C
Patric Hornqvist Pit - RW
T.J. Oshie Was - RW
Josh Anderson Cls - RW
Brock McGinn Car - LW,RW
Travis Zajac NJ - C
Brandon Sutter Van - C,RW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Spreadsheet is fixed and changed a bit. Main and Prospect picks are are different tabs now and it also now includes the prospect list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->