CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXII - Congratulations Horseheads and Kanye! P.D. May 1, M.D. July 1

GMOTY

• InfinityIggy

• Johnny Hoxville

• Kanye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's the Millenials, James. You gotta slide into their DMs!

"Perhaps this will appeal to those Millenials, King."

B_GmBaKWwAAtafx.jpg

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Screen-Shot-2014-03-28-at-3.45.02-PM-615x345.png

"We've got @Deebious, GM of Good Decisions on the line here. Deebz last year your club made quite a run into the second round the of playoffs. This year things didn't go quite as well and it looks like your team should be picking quite high in the draft. What went wrong?"

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hi James, thanks for having me. Frankly it was a few factors that made a big difference this year. We got a bit lucky with Auston [Matthews] having a tremendous rookie year, combined with career years from guys like Dougie Hamilton, Jonathan Marchessault, and Sergei Bobrovsky. In the offseason, we naively made a few assumptions that ended up hurting us this year; Bob's year the year before was unlikely to be repeated but we tried to lean on that a bit too much, we expected March would take a bit of step back on an expansion roster but that was proven to be a bad guess as well. Then of course we lost Auston for quite some time this year and we just couldn't find any consistency. We'll make an effort this upcoming summer to address some areas of weakness and try to bounce back next year.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hi James, thanks for having me. Frankly it was a few factors that made a big difference this year. We got a bit lucky with Auston [Matthews] having a tremendous rookie year, combined with career years from guys like Dougie Hamilton, Jonathan Marchessault, and Sergei Bobrovsky. In the offseason, we naively made a few assumptions that ended up hurting us this year; Bob's year the year before was unlikely to be repeated but we tried to lean on that a bit too much, we expected March would take a bit of step back on an expansion roster but that was proven to be a bad guess as well. Then of course we lost Auston for quite some time this year and we just couldn't find any consistency. We'll make an effort this upcoming summer to address some areas of weakness and try to bounce back next year.

ZbuTqXn.png

"Losing a team leader like Matthews will of course always hurt a team. What are the weaknesses you are looking to address in the off season, what kind of pieces turn Good Decisions into a playoff club again?"

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well we don't want to give away all the answers *chuckle* but we made a few deals at the trade deadline that we hope will help us moving forward. We've got a nice young forward core to move forward with with Matthews, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Hartman, and Adrian Kempe, and we've got some nice defense pieces in Dougie Hamilton and Morgan Reilly, both of whom have blossomed into great players. There's still some work to be done in areas such as the face off circle and such. And we're hoping to find some more consistency in goal next season; not sure what the future holds in that regard but we're looking at lots of possibilities.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well we don't want to give away all the answers *chuckle* but we made a few deals at the trade deadline that we hope will help us moving forward. We've got a nice young forward core to move forward with with Matthews, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Hartman, and Adrian Kempe, and we've got some nice defense pieces in Dougie Hamilton and Morgan Reilly, both of whom have blossomed into great players. There's still some work to be done in areas such as the face off circle and such. And we're hoping to find some more consistency in goal next season; not sure what the future holds in that regard but we're looking at lots of possibilities.

TSN-APOLOGY.png

"Some great insight on Good Decisions future, thanks for that Deebz. We will now return to Bill Daly, to announce the 8th overall pick."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
ZbuTqXn.png

"We've got GM of the Goodfellas on the line here. @Johnny Hoxville, it's good to have you. Although you aren't in the lottery this year, you were last year. Your pick ended up being 5th overall, and you'd traded it away. Do you regret that? Also, what advice to you have for other GM's on rebuilding through the draft?"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
ZbuTqXn.png

"We've got GM of the Goodfellas on the line here. @Johnny Hoxville, it's good to have you. Although you aren't in the lottery this year, you were last year. Your pick ended up being 5th overall, and you'd traded it away. Do you regret that? Also, what advice to you have for other GM's on rebuilding through the draft?"

Hello Jimmy, thank you for having me.

First off, no, we don’t regret that deal. Travis Konency is teetering on the verge of becoming a star. We’re thrilled with Travis and view him as a tier 1 core piece.

My advice to other GM’s, is don’t become attached to anyone. This is a business, and it’s all about the art of the wheel. Getting young assets is great, you need them, but at the same time we are in the business of winning and that should always be the priority. With no cap system, sky is the limit here.
#hoxhypin

Reactions: InfinityIggy

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hello Jimmy, thank you for having me.

First off, no, we don’t regret that deal. Travis Konency is teetering on the verge of becoming a star. We’re thrilled with Travis and view him as a tier 1 core piece.

My advice to other GM’s, is don’t become attached to anyone. This is a business, and it’s all about the art of the wheel. Getting young assets is great, you need them, but at the same time we are in the business of winning and that should always be the priority. With no cap system, sky is the limit here.
#hoxhypin

james-duthie.jpg

"Some really great insight from a veteran GM. Speaking of not becoming attached to players. You traded two elite forwards in Crosby and Gaudreau, whomst' are now both centerpieces of the team that won the last 3 Loob Division titles. Do moves like that keep you up every night, or only some nights? Best of luck to the Goodfellas in the playoffs by the way."

Reactions: Deebious

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
james-duthie.jpg

"Some really great insight from a veteran GM. Speaking of not becoming attached to players. You traded two elite forwards in Crosby and Gaudreau, whomst' are now both centerpieces of the team that won the last 3 Loob Division titles. Do moves like that keep you up every night, or only some nights? Best of luck to the Goodfellas in the playoffs by the way."

I’m very into the universe, you know like how was created, you know, like, what is it, you know? Solar system is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, we’re so small you can never see it. Our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture our galaxy (is) like a small tiny-like dot in the universe.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’m very into the universe, you know like how was created, you know, like, what is it, you know? Solar system is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, we’re so small you can never see it. Our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture our galaxy (is) like a small tiny-like dot in the universe.

TSN-APOLOGY.png

"I see where you are coming from Hox. Thanks for the excellent interview as always. I hope to speak with you again next year at this time. Now we are going to hand things back to Bill Daly to reveal the 7th overall pick."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
"Great interviewing skills James, I love when you ask the tough questions. Onto the next pick."

The 7th Overall pick belongs to:
ACE.png

Black Aces

"James are you feeling lucky, punk?"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
TSN-APOLOGY.png

"I see where you are coming from Hox. Thanks for the excellent interview as always. I hope to speak with you again next year at this time. Now we are going to hand things back to Bill Daly to reveal the 7th overall pick."

Thanks James, one last comment, we have Laine downstairs for this event and he wanted me to tell you that you have the best wifi he’s ever seen.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks James, one last comment, we have Laine downstairs for this event and he wanted me to tell you that you have the best wifi he’s ever seen.

ZbuTqXn.png

"Heh. Well you know we strive to have the best possible connections here."

"We are now down to the top 6 picks and tension is building. As the parity of balls increases, will the level of excitement follow? Bill will let us know shortly, when he reveals the 6th overall pick."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
TSN-APOLOGY.png

"Obviously not the result the Gunslingers were looking for today, as they have dropped a few spots. Anyway moving on from that depressing news we have @Anglesmith on the line."

"Anglesmith it's good to have you here. Somehow, I have never interviewed you before. I think that speaks to the success of your franchise over the past several years. This year though things went south, really south. Did you expect this, what is the plan to make it back to the top, and how are you feeling about todays results so far?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
TSN-APOLOGY.png

"Obviously not the result the Gunslingers were looking for today, as they have dropped a few spots. Anyway moving on from that depressing news we have @Anglesmith on the line."

"Anglesmith it's good to have you here. Somehow, I have never interviewed you before. I think that speaks to the success of your franchise over the past several years. This year though things went south, really south. Did you expect this, what is the plan to make it back to the top, and how are you feeling about today's results so far?"
"Hi James. Yeah, we're definitely a franchise that takes pride in avoiding you. *chuckles*

We took our shot last year despite several unfortunate blows to our team and we're paying for it this year. I'd say that we've been comfortable with the situation and the plan since about midway through last season when we made a trade with Unlimited Chequing. At that moment, we were sort of comfortable with sacrificing this past season in order to strengthen our position moving forward. We definitely knew this year was going to be painful, but we're really happy with the asset management and some of the moves we made this year as a franchise. We're in a strong position going into next year. I don't know if you believe in the whole "Canada's team" thing.... I do. It's time to put Canada's team back on the map."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
"Hi James. Yeah, we're definitely a franchise that takes pride in avoiding you. *chuckles*

We took our shot last year despite several unfortunate blows to our team and we're paying for it this year. I'd say that we've been comfortable with the situation and the plan since about midway through last season when we made a trade with Unlimited Chequing. At that moment, we were sort of comfortable with sacrificing this past season in order to strengthen our position moving forward. We definitely knew this year was going to be painful, but we're really happy with the asset management and some of the moves we made this year as a franchise. We're in a strong position going into next year. I don't know if you believe in the whole "Canada's team" thing.... I do. It's time to put Canada's team back on the map."

ZbuTqXn.png

"You certainly made a lot of trades this year, I think it would be fair to say you were a seller. You moved a lot of veteran players to The Terrors throughout the year. Players like Yandle, Zetterberg, Goligoski and Craig Smith. You two had to be on the same wavelength to make so many swaps. What is it like dealing with a GM like InfinityIggy. He has won back-to-back 'H. Jay Feaster Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of General Management' awards. Is he a hard GM to negotiate with?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
ZbuTqXn.png

"You certainly made a lot of trades this year, I think it would be fair to say you were a seller. You moved a lot of veteran players to The Terrors throughout the year. Players like Yandle, Zetterberg, Goligoski and Craig Smith. You two had to be on the same wavelength to make so many swaps. What is it like dealing with a GM like InfinityIggy. He has won back-to-back 'H. Jay Feaster Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of General Management' awards. Is he a hard GM to negotiate with?"

"You know, InfinityIggy is a great guy to deal with and I'm sure we will come together on more trades in the future. He's the kind of guy who understands his own needs and those of other teams and realizes where there is a deal that makes sense for both sides. I've definitely been happy with what I've gotten out of those trades, and I'm sure if you asked him he'd say the same thing."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
"You know, InfinityIggy is a great guy to deal with and I'm sure we will come together on more trades in the future. He's the kind of guy who understands his own needs and those of other teams and realizes where there is a deal that makes sense for both sides. I've definitely been happy with what I've gotten out of those trades, and I'm sure if you asked him he'd say the same thing."

james-duthie.jpg

"It's always great to get insight into the inner workings of the league. Thanks for this interview Anglesmith, and good luck today. Perhaps I will be talking to you again shortly. Any final remarks to your fans?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->