CFHF Fantasy League Part XXVIII - Winter GM Summit 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yahoo needs to get its ****ing act together and bring back Smack talk for the desktop version. Like I am legitimately pissed off that they haven't yet since 'taking it down to improve it' bs

I miss chats :(

EDIT: Found this:

Unfortunately, there are no plans to add Smack Talk back to the desktop site at this time.
If you'd like to voice your opinion or concerns on our Feedback board so our product group can review....(link)

that was posted end of November :cry:

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yahoo needs to get its ****ing act together and bring back Smack talk for the desktop version. Like I am legitimately pissed off that they haven't yet since 'taking it down to improve it' bs

I miss chats :(

EDIT: Found this:

that was posted end of November :cry:

I was literally where you are at the start of this season in terms of anger. It's absolute ******** that they got rid of it, and there is not a single good reason why you can't keep the old system while working on a new one. II has suggested that they have some incentive for people to use the app instead of the desktop version, and this is one way to encourage that. I don't understand why that would be the case, but it certainly fits.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was literally where you are at the start of this season in terms of anger. It's absolute ******** that they got rid of it, and there is not a single good reason why you can't keep the old system while working on a new one. II has suggested that they have some incentive for people to use the app instead of the desktop version, and this is one way to encourage that. I don't understand why that would be the case, but it certainly fits.
I suggested that as well. I think it's stupid, I don't like the app at all and much prefer using the desktop version

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As I posted in chat, I am not looking to downgrade my team, but will listen to offers on Simmonds. I won't move him unless the deal is right. PM me on here as I am getting my new phone tomorrow most likely and may not install the app right away.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I wonder if I could use one of those free Android SDK wrappers for Windows, then install the yahoo app on it. Then package it up as an image that other people could install...

I don't have work, today I'll try doing that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder if I could use one of those free Android SDK wrappers for Windows, then install the yahoo app on it. Then package it up as an image that other people could install...

I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds great

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

giphy.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I tried using bluestacks and one other program, but it was really clunky. Perhaps you can do better.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I tried using bluestacks and one other program, but it was really clunky. Perhaps you can do better.

I just went through the process with Bluestacks :laugh:

Its a bit clunky but it works okay for now. Will probably try to export everything into an image, but I dunno how hard that'll be.

Here are some instructions if anyone else wants to try with Bluestacks:

How to get our Yahoo chats onto your windows desktop! (took me about 10 minutes start to finish).

1. Download Bluestacks -> http://www.bluestacks.com/ (click the download button near the top right).
  2. Install Bluestacks (leave default options selected)
  3. Sign into Bluestacks with a Google account.
  4. Bluestacks will install some android applications by default (instagram), you can ignore these.
  5. Finish creating your profile.
  6. You will need to run a basic android setup via bluestacks at this time (like if you were setting up on a phone for the first time).
  7. You will be asked to sign into your 'Android' account, this should use the same information as your Google account you set up earlier. It may ask you to sign in via web, which it will automatically direct you to.
  8. Once you are logged in you'll probably recieve an email saying you signed in on a 'Galaxy Note 3', this is simply the device Bluestacks is emulating.
  9. Continue through the rest of the basic setup.
  10. It'll ask if you want to set up a payment method, just skip past this.
  11. You'll be shown a couple of tutorial screens when you finish the setup, then you should see a familiar looking Android UI, with a bunch of stock apps.
  12. Click the 'Play Store' icon. Hit 'Get Started'.
  13. Use the search bar to look up 'Yahoo Fantasy Sports' select the first result.
  14. Hit Install, then Accept. The App should install.
  15. At the top of Bluestacks you should see what look like browser tabs, click the 'Android' tab, this will take us back to the home screen. Click the white circular icon 'home' on the bottom of the screen, you should see the Yahoo app, launch it.
  16. Sign into your Yahoo account just like you would on your phone.
  17. You should see all the app options you normally do on your phone. Click the chat icon at the bottom of the app, and you're off to the races.

Also you can set the app to landscape mode (3rd icon in the lefthand menu), makes it much easier to read/resize.

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I've tried Bluestacks in the past and it was terrible. Have you guys tried the Remix OS player? I've installed Remix OS on a VM and it worked pretty well. Not great as some mobile usability things are hard to emulate on a desktop, but for something like a chat feature it should work okay. Haven't tried the player though.

http://www.jide.com/remixos-player

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I've tried Bluestacks in the past and it was terrible. Have you guys tried the Remix OS player? I've installed Remix OS on a VM and it worked pretty well. Not great as some mobile usability things are hard to emulate on a desktop, but for something like a chat feature it should work okay. Haven't tried the player though.

Ohh this looks way nicer. Will try with Remix OS. I had seen remix before but I thought it highjacked your whole OS, requiring you to flip between the two.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

I just went through the process with Bluestacks :laugh:

Its a bit clunky but it works okay for now. Will probably try to export everything into an image, but I dunno how hard that'll be.

Here are some instructions if anyone else wants to try with Bluestacks:

How to get our Yahoo chats onto your windows desktop! (took me about 10 minutes start to finish).

1. Download Bluestacks -> http://www.bluestacks.com/ (click the download button near the top right).
  2. Install Bluestacks (leave default options selected)
  3. Sign into Bluestacks with a Google account.
  4. Bluestacks will install some android applications by default (instagram), you can ignore these.
  5. Finish creating your profile.
  6. You will need to run a basic android setup via bluestacks at this time (like if you were setting up on a phone for the first time).
  7. You will be asked to sign into your 'Android' account, this should use the same information as your Google account you set up earlier. It may ask you to sign in via web, which it will automatically direct you to.
  8. Once you are logged in you'll probably recieve an email saying you signed in on a 'Galaxy Note 3', this is simply the device Bluestacks is emulating.
  9. Continue through the rest of the basic setup.
  10. It'll ask if you want to set up a payment method, just skip past this.
  11. You'll be shown a couple of tutorial screens when you finish the setup, then you should see a familiar looking Android UI, with a bunch of stock apps.
  12. Click the 'Play Store' icon. Hit 'Get Started'.
  13. Use the search bar to look up 'Yahoo Fantasy Sports' select the first result.
  14. Hit Install, then Accept. The App should install.
  15. At the top of Bluestacks you should see what look like browser tabs, click the 'Android' tab, this will take us back to the home screen. Click the white circular icon 'home' on the bottom of the screen, you should see the Yahoo app, launch it.
  16. Sign into your Yahoo account just like you would on your phone.
  17. You should see all the app options you normally do on your phone. Click the chat icon at the bottom of the app, and you're off to the races.

Also you can set the app to landscape mode (3rd icon in the lefthand menu), makes it much easier to read/resize.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->