CFHF Fantasy League Part XIV: Trade Deadline 11:59 pm MT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CFHF-Banner.png

TDL: February 23, 2015 at 11:59pm

Commissioner- TherapyforGlencross
Co-Commissioner- Anglesmith

[fieldset=""]
General Managers

MacDonald Division
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]Scoring and General Settings

* The CFHF Fantasy Hockey League will use yahoo! to calculate scoring and standings.
* The following player stats are used for the CFHF League: goals, assists, points, powerplay points, +/-, face-off wins, hits, blocks, and game-winning goals.
* The following goalie stats are used for the CFHF League: wins, losses, G.A.A., save percentage, and shutouts.
* There will be no “salary cap” in the CFHF Fantasy Hockey League.
* General Managers will have twenty-five players on their respective rosters: 4 centres, 4 Right-Wingers,
4 Left-Wingers, 6 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders. Three players will sit on the “bench” at all times.
* Any change to the league’s scoring or roster settings will require 12 managers of approval. If 12 managers approve but 5 disapprove, then the ruling is denied.
* Any change to the league’s scoring or roster settings will take place the following year.
* Trading will end at the “Trade Deadline” at 12:00am MST. Trades need to be submitted to yahoo, accepted, and confirmed at or before 12:00am MST. Trades that do not meet this criterion will not be accepted.[/fieldset]
[fieldset=""]
Keepers

* Managers will be able to keep or ‘rollover’ nine players from the previous season.
* Keepers are due when deemed by the commissioner.
* The League Champion will be able to keep an extra player or will be given an extra 10th round draft pick (free agency draft). The 10th round pick, however, will be put at the bottom of the round.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset=""]
Trades

* In the case of a trade, there will be a full one-day processing period.
* In order for a trade to be accepted, both managers must confirm in the CFHF Fantasy Hockey League thread. Managers that do not meet this criterion will be addressed accordingly and the trade will be vetoed.
* Only the commissioner and co-commissioner can veto trades. Managers can, however, raise concerns over a transaction in the CFHF Fantasy Hockey League thread. All concerns will be addressed accordingly.
* Only players, draft picks, and prospects can be traded.
* During the regular season, if a manager trades a draft pick, the same amount of draft picks have to come back.
* During the offseason, however, you may trade an uneven amount of draft picks.
* If there is a condition in the transaction, please state so in the CFHF Fantasy Hockey thread. Conditions not disclosed will not acknowledged.
* A trade will not go through if one or both teams do not own the involved assets.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
Waivers

* There will be a two-day processing period for all waiver pickups (free agents during the regular season).
* You may not pick up another teams’ prospect in the free agent ‘bin’.
* As it is in the NHL, the worst team gets priority, then will be moved to last after they have picked someone up on waivers.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
Lottery

* The CFHF Fantasy Hockey League conducts an annual lottery. A lottery determines the prospect and free agent draft order.
* The Lottery only includes non-playoff teams.
* The CFHF uses a ball system based on regular season standings.

** “#1” symbolizes the worst team in the regular season. **

#1. 12 Balls
#2. 8 Balls
#3. 7 Balls
#4. 6 Balls
#5. 4 Balls
#6. 3 Balls
#7. 2 Balls
#8. 2 Balls
#9. 1 Ball
#10. 1 Ball

* The draft order stays the same for the prospect and free agent draft.
* After the 1st round is completed, the draft order goes back to normal (pending trades).
[/fieldset]
[fieldset=""]
Prospects- General information

* Prospects are players whose rights belong to a CHFH Team even while they may not be on their active roster.
* Prospects can be added and dropped during the season without concern about other teams picking them up.
* In order for a player to be considered a “prospect”, a player cannot exceed playing over 100 games, * while being selected in the CFHF Prospect Draft.
* If a prospect has played in the 2012-2013 season, or has played in an NHL before the 2012-2013 season, then the player is considered a prospect for 50 NHL games.
* At any time, and as often as desired, a GM may 'terminate the contract' of exactly two of his prospects. These prospects must not be on a CFHF roster, and may not be added by this GM as free agents for a period of 1 week after cutting them loose.
* For every two prospects cut loose, the GM will receive exactly one extra draft pick in the soonest prospect draft.
* All extra picks will form a fourth round in the prospect draft.
* Fourth round prospect picks are untradeable.
* The order of picks in the fourth round will be by random draw of picks (not teams, seeing as some may have more than one).
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
CFHF Prospect Draft

* The CFHF Prospect Draft will take place on June 1 [insert year] and will take place before the CFHF Free Agent Draft.
* The CFHF Prospect Draft is three rounds long, which equals fifty-four picks.
* Managers are able to trade prospect draft picks.
* Managers may only draft players eligible for the current NHL Prospect Draft (i.e.: 2015 Eligible Draftees).
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
Free Agent Draft

* The Free Agent Draft will take place on July 1.
* In the Free Agent Draft, there are twenty-three rounds.
* The first ten rounds are keeper based, so in reality there are thirteen rounds.
* Managers are able to trade free agent picks during the regular season and offseason.
* Managers may draft players that are available (i.e.: players that are not deemed keepers and/or players that have not been taken).
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
Miscellaneous

* In order for the league to implement a new rule, a league-wide vote has to happen. There needs to be a 2/3's majority for the rule and no more than five people against it.
* The same principle applies if there is interest in discontinuing a rule.
* You may only change your team name officially between the end of the playoffs and the beginning of the prospect draft.
* The CFHF Fantasy Hockey League has a 'GM of the Year' Award. All managers choose their top five managers who they feel should win the award based on these criteria: trading skills, successfulness, transactions, ect. The top three most popular managers will then go into another vote; the manager who receives the most votes from that poll wins the award. You may not vote for yourself.

Inactivity
*If a GM is not active (in terms of setting lineups) for one full week, the GM will be removed and the running of the team will be overtaken by the commissioners, commencing the "takeover period."
*The takeover period will last a maximum of two weeks. During this time, the GM may contact the commissioners to explain the inactivity. If a compelling appeal is made, the GM may be restored. Otherwise, after the commissioners have heard from the GM and made a decision, or else the two week limit has been reached, a new GM will be appointed.
*The commissioners will line up potential takeover candidates during the takeover period, but they will not be given the reigns to the club until the appeal has been denied, or two weeks have expired.
*No changes will be made to the lineup of the club during the takeover period other than setting lineups to maximize active players. Players cannot be placed on or removed from the IR during this period.
*Once a new GM has been appointed, the old GM will be no longer part of the league in any way.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]

[/fieldset]

The CFHF is undergoing expansion!

The following changes will be made to the league as a result:

League Organization
  • The CFHFFL will now consist of 20 teams
  • There will now be four divisions of five teams each, with the alignment settled upon during the offseason by the commissioners

Rule Changes
  • Teams will only be allowed to keep exactly one goalie who played 50 or more games during the prior season. Any number of goalie keepers are allowed as long as only one played 50+ games
  • The Shutouts and +/- categories will be replaced by PIMs and Shots on Goal
  • The minimum games requirements will be reduced to 2 games per matchup.

Keepers and Expansion Draft
  • All current teams will submit a list of 8 keepers at the keeper deadline
  • From the pool of players not selected as keepers and not owned as prospects, the two new GMs will each select nine players, with no more than one player total selected from each current team. The selections will be taken in a snake-style draft, with the first pick randomly awarded
  • At the conclusion of the Expansion Draft, all current GMs will be allowed to keep one more player from their roster (with one option having been removed in the draft)
  • Only after selecting their nine players in the Expansion Draft will new GMs will be allowed to make trades and be considered part of the league
  • The previous champion of the CFHFFL Cup will be allowed to either select 9 original keepers or else make an extra selection in the 10th round of the main draft.

Expansion Prospect Draft
  • After the conclusion of the Expansion Draft, there will be a three-round prospect draft for the new GMs, again in snake style
  • The first pick will be awarded to the GM who did not receive the first pick in the Expansion Draft
  • Any player who is under the age of 25, has been draft-eligible and either drafted or passed over at least once, and has never played an NHL game will be eligible to be picked, so long as they are not already on the prospect list
  • Players taken in this manner will have only 50 games of prospect eligibility

Prospect Draft and Main Draft Lottery
  • Two separate lotteries will be conducted henceforth for the draft. One lottery will seed the non-playoff teams, with odds weighted towards the worst teams in step-wise fashion. The other lottery will seed all playoff teams, giving each playoff team equal weighting
  • For this year, the two expansion teams will share the same weighting as the third-worst team in the league in the non-playoff lottery

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
You certainly are a choice!

EDIT: Just remember, your mix-tape needs to be mailed to me by the end of the month. Best mix-tape wins phase one, and gets an extra advantage in the deathmatch round.
can I just send the period mix from that movie friends with benefits?

Aug 3, 2010
Let's get an Oilers fan in as a GM and see if they'll do any better than their real-life management counterpart. :naughty:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So I have a question.

Tomas Hertl was sent down to the minors. If I drop him from my team on Yahoo, I still retain him as a prospect, right?

May 27, 2012
Earth
So I have a question.

Tomas Hertl was sent down to the minors. If I drop him from my team on Yahoo, I still retain him as a prospect, right?

Depends on his Games played. If he has played less than 50 or 100 whatever it is...you still own him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So I have a question.

I'll walk you through:

Going to the Prospect List, you can see that he is a 100-game prospect (furthest column on the right). Then going to any statistics site (Yahoo in this case) you can see that he has 85 regular season games. Thus he has 15 more games of prospect eligibility, and during that time he can be dropped/added at will exclusively by you.

This is actually great news for you. If he plays less than 15 games by the end of the season you get another free keeper.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'll walk you through:

Going to the Prospect List, you can see that he is a 100-game prospect (furthest column on the right). Then going to any statistics site (Yahoo in this case) you can see that he has 85 regular season games. Thus he has 15 more games of prospect eligibility, and during that time he can be dropped/added at will exclusively by you.

This is actually great news for you. If he plays less than 15 games by the end of the season you get another free keeper.

Perfect! Thanks so much.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Okposo out 6-8 weeks, good thing I snagged Wilson.

Okposo gone, Bobrovsky gone, #1 power rankings gone to?

We'll have to wait for....

(·_·)

... the dust ....

( ·_·)>⌐■-■

... to settle.

(⌐■-■) Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->