Prospect Info: Parker Bell, LW 5th Round 155th Overall 2022 Draft

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Big winger? *shocked pikachu*

2nd on his team in scoring, and it looks like Tri-City was a pretty crappy team. So tough to assess strictly from looking at a stat line. But he's certainly a young person who plays hockey.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
From the DailyHive:

Bell, selected with the No. 155 pick, is a 6’4, 192-pound left wing who produced at a respectable pace with the Tri-City Americans of the Western Hockey League. Bell, one of the elder statemen among first-time draft eligible with a September 26 birthdate, had 49 points (18 goals, 31 assists) in 64 games — the second-highest total on the team. He was ranked 112th among North American skaters by Central Scouting and 261st overall at FCHockey.

“Bell is a forward blessed with NHL size and he uses it accordingly,” FCHockey outlined. “He’s a feisty player who loves to get into the thick of things and is rarely seen floating while on the ice, and he gets full marks for doing that on the struggling team that he played for this season. He commits to the forecheck and can really punish defenders when he gets the chance to line them up.

“Based purely on the fact he has the size and work ethic to be a factor down-low, Bell may be able to develop into a bottom-six, physical presence type of role player.”

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I watched eight games from Tri-City last year. I think Bell improved a lot through the year and started showing his skills (both shot and passing). I think he could develop into a 2nd line winger if he keeps improving at the same pace he did last year.

Reactions: Fig

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Random stat watching again, he now has 25g 39a for 64 points on 55 games, second on his team. AHL or WHL next year?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
No bump after signing his ELC?

Outstanding player. Works incredibly hard on the ice and is a difference maker. He'll be back in Tri-City for another year and look to dominate as a 20-year-old.

I think some posters are still somewhat hesitant because he is a big truculent boy. TBH, I think it's starting to look a tiny bit like Winnipeg's previous scouting mandate. Big guys with skill who can intimidate the opposition.

I was going to post earlier but something was bugging me about his look and I wanted to figure it out first. I think he looks a little bit like a combination of Andrew Scott as Moriarty and Hanifin mixed together. Like, this slightly evil villain looking guy who might be a pretty good, but misunderstood drinking buddy. :laugh:

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I think some posters are still somewhat hesitant because he is a big truculent boy. TBH, I think it's starting to look a tiny bit like Winnipeg's previous scouting mandate. Big guys with skill who can intimidate the opposition.

I was going to post earlier but something was bugging me about his look and I wanted to figure it out first. I think he looks a little bit like a combination of Andrew Scott as Moriarty and Hanifin mixed together. Like, this slightly evil villain looking guy who might be a pretty good, but misunderstood drinking buddy. :laugh:
He is a big kid, but I certainly wouldn't put him in the "crash and bang" category.

To me he's a guy with a non-stop motor who hounds guys on the forecheck and in the neutral zone. Great active stick for pokechecks or stick lifts to create turnovers.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He is a big kid, but I certainly wouldn't put him in the "crash and bang" category.

To me he's a guy with a non-stop motor who hounds guys on the forecheck and in the neutral zone. Great active stick for pokechecks or stick lifts to create turnovers.

I meant that some other posters don't know much about him and based purely on height think crash and bang. My mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad