Parise not mvp worthy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

Crosbyfan said:
His Dad is J.P. Parise. Famous for swinging his stick at Soviet ref In '72 Summit Series. Played for Minnesota North Stars. Now at Shattuck St. Mary's where Sidney Crosby was last year and Zach before that.
Yea so?

Heatley's dad is German.
Hull's dad is Canadian.
My dad is greek, I'm still american.

Your logic is not sound.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
#37-#93-#27 said:
Yea so?

Heatley's dad is German.
Hull's dad is Canadian.
My dad is greek, I'm still american.

Your logic is not sound.

No logic required IT WAS A JOKE!

eyeofthetiger

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
punchy1 said:
Playing for the dreaded and hated Yanks... Duh dun dunnnnn..........

I didn't see that one as funny but see where it were trying to be so. It isn't the tele add though that were the point, it was more the fact that something that was the Cans taking a shot at the Yanks.....again....and again.... were what my observation were about. The add itself were just silly and sort of lame but then, I don't know many of them that aren't.

Allot of my mates were up in a piss about the whole "I will put another prawn on the barby adds of years back. I thought they were funny. Of course, if you were to say that to one of the Burleigh gold coast boys he would have handed you your jaw in sections but I would still have laughed at them.

So, again, not having a piss at you specifically as I like what you write, I were making the observation that until I head Pierre and saw them adds, I truly had little idea that the north americans had a thing against the americans. The Yanks and the Habs are, like us, (the aussies and the kiwi) viewed as the same no matter how each of believe and try to make the rest believe about our totally different ways. Oh, and don't get me started about the riff between Maori and Kiwi or Tazzies and Kiwi and Aussies and Maoris and the rest. It gets downright fuedal!

Just because you see things that way (and your buddies) doesn't mean that your perception reflects reality....the Yanks are like our brothers or sisters our bigger, better and maybe older/no I mean more experienced sibling...who we are constantly measuring ourselves up against and often coming up short....except in the world of hockey. :rolly:

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
#37-#93-#27 said:
I don't get it. :dunno:

OK maybe you came in in the middle, the post you cited was just an explanation as to the Canadian reference and was not the tongue in cheek remark. If you go back and read everything I'm not sure you'll find any of it funny but you might see where your "Yea so?" post was just a little out of place. I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to claim Zach Parise for Canada any more than I'm trying to claim Canada was first to the moon, but that I thought he (Parise not the moon) was the best choice for MVP. Happy?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
For the original poster, Why doesn't Parise deserve the MVP. His team won, he got them into the finals on his back, he made a beutiful play on the first goal vs Finland and he created the tieing goal with Phaneuf and Getzlaf checking him to hell. The guy also played de de de .... de defense in thw WJC!!!! Who would have thought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad