Parise Has Broken Sternum

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
how many more years left on that contract? 14?

See, posts like this would hurt more if he were a bad player for us, but he isn't. He's actually been worth most of his money, and I don't think a broken sternum in these playoffs will cause him to not be worth it suddenly next season.

I mean, he had that back injury I guess, but had gotten past it and was back to form. Unless you're arguing that he's not worth the money because he's gotten injured? To which I guess I'd argue "what's the point of paying anyone anything then? Because they could all get injured". I think by the end of his contract he won't be worth the money, but he still is right now, so it really doesn't feel restrictive.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
sucks for him and the team/fans but this is why you finish your checks in the pkayoffs hoping little things like this take out your opponent. example myers also. heres hoping no more injuries hit either these teams and let all that bad luck happen to the preds instead !!! :D

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Jets really lucked out with their first round matchup eh?

That really sucks for Parise, and sounds extremely painful.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
That sounds incredibly painful just to read about. I bet it happened on that play where he was sandwiched between two Jets (Chiarot and ... forget who).

Yep. You can't move two ways at the same time. Whomever those two guys were at least one of them was targeting him.

None

Feb 22, 2012
That sounds...unpleasant.

Probably an injury I would pass on.

There's an injury you wouldn't pass on?

60FPS replay if you hit the gear in the bottom right. You can also slow it down in the bottom left.

Looks more like Chiarot's arm that gets him on the chest.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I feel like a dick for it but I can't not hear the title as the first line of chorus of Bangles' Manic Monday.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Broken sternum is a relatively straight forward recovery with little to no long term risks....

My comment was more so based on his recent injury history not this one specifically. He is glass at this point and you have to wonder if it's in the back of his mind

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Even though I very much want Winnipeg to win, that's a shitty break at the worst time for the Wild. They definitely need Parise.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
See, posts like this would hurt more if he were a bad player for us, but he isn't. He's actually been worth most of his money, and I don't think a broken sternum in these playoffs will cause him to not be worth it suddenly next season.

I mean, he had that back injury I guess, but had gotten past it and was back to form. Unless you're arguing that he's not worth the money because he's gotten injured? To which I guess I'd argue "what's the point of paying anyone anything then? Because they could all get injured". I think by the end of his contract he won't be worth the money, but he still is right now, so it really doesn't feel restrictive.

yeah my understanding is that on the off chance he gets some games in, he plays pretty well in them. i’m not salty or nothin

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My comment was more so based on his recent injury history not this one specifically. He is glass at this point and you have to wonder if it's in the back of his mind
Made of glass? Last year most of his time missed was due to illness, not injury... this year was because of his back that he herniated 2 years ago but tried to resolve by rehab, not surgery, it finally became clear he needed surgery.

So this is the first new injury he's had since his back was injured 2 years ago.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I feel so bad for this guy. Jets taking a run at him like that is bullshit. I f***en hate that team.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
To understand the force it takes to fracture a sternum, when someone presents to the ER after trauma and a fractured sternum is noted, they have to be evaluated for a possible aortic tear. This is a hell of an injury.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad